Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunterkolb
    replied
    I mean the side dots are such a minute, bullshit thing that is either going to bother you or not depending on who you are.
    Like, it wouldn't really bother me but I totally understand why it bothers you and I don't blame you.
    Leftover glue and other imperfections are bullshit though, no need for any of that on a brand new guitar of that level. Maybe on an Indonesian model that's okay, but not on a USA.

I need to get my eyes checked again

Leave a comment:

• slayer
    replied
    Wow, that really sucks! No way I would accept that kind of quality control on such an expensive guitar. I`ve owned a bunch of USA Jacksons, nothing after 2005 and they were all just about flawless and amazing. I hope you can get it worked out man.

Leave a comment:

• xxx1
    replied
    That sucks.
    I know how if feels unboxing your new guitar and seeing a fault like that.
    Jackson screwed up my Masterbuilt King V three years ago.
    One tuner was mounted crooked and the other mounting holes for the Schaller tuners were not cut deep enough.
    So they stick out a bit and don't sit flush on the backside.
    Also they messed up the binding transition from the headstock to the neck, on both sides.

I ended up keeping her because Jackson stopped accepting Masterbuilt orders and so my dealer couldn't place another one.
    By the way that guitar did cost me $6000+
    At least they didn't mess up the side dots on mine. Guess I was lucky?

https://imgur.com/a/I6CGQ9O

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied
    Originally posted by fruitmachine View Post
    Things with this price tag must be literally flawless..

Leave a comment:

• pianoguyy
    replied
    Originally posted by hunterkolb View Post
    I could forgive some misaligned side dots, that's the human element.

That paint over the binding by the 12th fret?
    Ooof.

edit:upon second look, it almost looks like camera flash, but I can't tell.
    flash
    definitely flash

Leave a comment:

• fruitmachine
    replied
    Originally posted by Razor View Post
    So did you place the order or are you the second owner? Where you said you were going through a "middle man" makes it sound second hand. Also have you or the "middle man" contacted Jackson to see if there is any recourse?
    Brand new just another guy bought it on my behalf. It's a custom, a dealer model.

Also, there is no finish problem, just flash. Also noticeable glue around some frets and some other minor issues. Things with this price tag must be literally flawless.
    Last edited by fruitmachine; 09-17-2020, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    replied
    So did you place the order or are you the second owner? Where you said you were going through a "middle man" makes it sound second hand. Also have you or the "middle man" contacted Jackson to see if there is any recourse?

Leave a comment:

• fruitmachine
    replied
    Originally posted by hunterkolb View Post

Ooof.

This is something I will see always, every minute playing it. For 4+ grands I can't forgive human element in this place, it's just total lack of quality and control of that "quality". And there are tons of it already in internet, including "WARNING Jackson Custom Shop Quality Control. Worse than Gibson?" on youtube.

Leave a comment:

• hunterkolb
    replied

Ooof.

Leave a comment:

• fruitmachine
    replied
    I literally have no idea how mess like that can pass the quality control. Dot inlays, damn it, there must be center vertical alignment.
    Last edited by fruitmachine; 09-15-2020, 05:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fruitmachine
    started a topic Time to call bullshit on Jackson USA

Time to call bullshit on Jackson USA

Well, long story, finally got my Jackson USA Custom Shop which I supposed was made with precision, in fact it's worse than china. I owned chinese fake Jackson RR a decade ago, the attention to details was much more classy there.

https://imgur.com/a/IHDG9g2
    Last edited by fruitmachine; 09-17-2020, 11:13 PM.
Working...
X