No announcement yet.

Parts for 1986 San Dimas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, J1900 would be a 1986 build. sounds like a sick instrument! your best bet for the bridge (kahler 2520) is either find a used one for sale, or buy new parts from whammyparts like I mentioned in the previous post.

if you can find time to snap some pictures, we'd all appreciate it! that bridge on a soloist is pretty rare.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
      your best bet for the bridge (kahler 2520) is either find a used one for sale
      no, the best thing would be to find something that can be a drop in replacement. or to have someone fill the holes and re-drill the guitar for a real floyd

that bridge on a soloist is pretty rare.
      rare - because that is a fairly cheap tremolo to put on a US model. that is why they were only put on the cheapest imports

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        no, the best thing would be to find something that can be a drop in replacement. or to have someone fill the holes and re-drill the guitar for a real floyd
        a hen in the hand, something something something

Comment

Originally posted by Landshark2020 View Post
          I don't have a picture, but let me try to describe it. BTW I got the year by typing the serial number (J1900) in a Jackson SN search site .
          Serial number: J1900
          Production year: 1986
          Model: Neck-thru body
          Production number: 1900
          Factory: San Dimas, California, USA

The guitar is solid white, except the headstock which is black, has JACKSON printed in white followed by a small "made in usa"
          Tuners are black and have no markings, 2 black knobs, 1 push/pull for distortion boost. 9v battery in rear compartment.
          1 pickup, solid black cover with small white JACKSON logo on bottom right.
          24 frets, dot inlays
          Kahler tremolo - made in usa
          all 1 piece, not a bolt on.

Serial number is stamped on the rosewood fretboard after the last fret
          It worked out this time. But, in general, do not use the "serial decoder" for Jackson. Use the printed text on our site or the jackson site. The decoder works good (not great) for Gibson, Fender, and Ibanez. But that thing is disgusting for Jackson.

I know it isn't uncommon to have a black headstock, but a lot of them were color matched back then.
          So, between that, and the rear battery compartment, the distortion boost, jackson pickup, and that tremolo... that thing sounds heavily modded and not necessarily for the better.

*Also, it isn't a 1 piece guitar. It is 3 (or more, depending on the actual design) pieces. The neck, which runs the entire length of the body, has two side pieces glued on to it.

Comment

did some digging on replacements for the 2520... looks like a certain wilkinson bridge might drop in, or a kahler 2710 if you can find a used one.

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...-fulcrum-trems

Comment

I don't think there have been any modifications, I bought the guitar in early 87 from a music store, it was a demo model and the only things that have been changed since I owned it are the nut, which was replaced with a bone nut and the volume pot that wore out. As for the head stock it is black on the front, but the back and sides are white. The battery is stored in the same compartment as the pots, secured by a metal clip attached to the cover plate. It was called a "student model" at the store I purchased it from.

Comment

Well, that makes a little bit more sense.
                There are guitars that have an actual battery compartment. They are separate from "the battery is jammed in with the rest of the crap".

Comment

did some digging on replacements for the 2520... looks like a certain wilkinson bridge might drop in, or a kahler 2710 if you can find a used one.

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...-fulchair-trems
                  Thanks a lot!

Comment

I found this on ebay, paid $65, including shipping. Mine is slightly different as it does not have the 2 allen screws below the 2th and 5th rollers. I will try to make 1 complete unit from the parts of both as I only need the base of this one.
                    Wish me luck!

Last edited by Landshark2020; 09-17-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      OK now I'm curious to see photos of the guitar. I can't recall ever seeing a USA Jackson guitar that had that Kahler on it before. Like pianoguyy said, when I see or think of that Kahler, I reflexively think of the 1986 Model Series, particularly the Model 2 and Model 3.
                      This is my '86 Student model with Kahler Tremolo before it is repaired.

Comment

Pics are not working

Comment

[QUOTE]Pics are not working
                          That's weird, I can see them when I log in to this site, but I did keep getting errors while trying to share, I guess I am not allowed to post pictures. Sorry

Comment

Need to host photos externally. Choose any free image hosting service (https://www.google.ca/search?newwind...4dUDCAg&uact=5), upload your photos there, copy-paste the generated links back here.

Comment

Can you see these?

https://ibb.co/dcGvB6v
                              https://ibb.co/4d0KY3C
                              https://ibb.co/xM58sLK

Comment

Yes. Can access the links.

Comment

Working...
                                X