Legit logo/guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legit logo/guitar?

Does this logo/MIU placement look legit?

Jackson USA Select Series SL1 Soloist https://reverb.com/item/35033025-jac...ntent=35033025
    I love admins!

What concerns you about it? That the "Made in USA" decal is "inside" the Jackson logo rather than after it?

Slight tangent: Seller isn't listing the guitar properly. It's a 1987 guitar but the SL1 designation didn't exist until 1996. It's a Soloist Custom.

Comment

Yes exactly... Never paid attention enough over the years to the placement other Made in the USA decals placement so I figured I would ask the pros!

What about the Jackson logo?

I noticed that too but I knew it was a soloist!

Thanks for the help!
      I love admins!

Comment

I don't think the reverse headstock logo placement was really standardized back then. even recently, the placement of the logos on reverse headstocks can vary pretty widely from guitar to guitar

Comment

Interesting, I didn't know that!

But otherwise my lack of knowledge on placement, the guitar looks legit??

What would be a good going price on something that rare?
          I love admins!

Comment

As the thing is sold the going price is 2300. Cool guitar except for the Kahler and the EMGs. I kind of feel the price of those is whatever someone is willing to pay for them. Also it could be someone made an offer and the seller accepted it.

Comment

I am curious as to why this has that particular logo. It was a simple black headstock/white lettering. They should have been out of them by then.

Comment

I noticed that too which is why I ask??
                I love admins!

Comment

most of the 'oddities' in logo/trademark creation dates are in 'odd' headstocks. such as my glow in the dark reverse headstock with black lettering. where the assumption is 'it is a leftover'. but other than being a reverse headstock, there is nothing 'odd' about this headstock.

*to be clear - I am not concerned about the legitimacy of the guitar. I was just making conversation about the "old" logo being used on a "new" guitar.
                  Last edited by pianoguyy; 08-31-2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                    I don't think the reverse headstock logo placement was really standardized back then. even recently, the placement of the logos on reverse headstocks can vary pretty widely from guitar to guitar
                    Some of that is the fact that you can order small/large logo. Even the no truss rod cover option gives extra space to write. And the older guitars, with a nut before the lock, that took up a lot of room where a logo would go.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

Some of that is the fact that you can order small/large logo. Even the no truss rod cover option gives extra space to write. And the older guitars, with a nut before the lock, that took up a lot of room where a logo would go.
                      yes. as an aside, they're not doing 100% logos on reverse headstocks anymore as per my cs rep. at least not for custom selects.

Comment

Thanks guys! I went ahead and bought it!
                        I love admins!

Comment

it has the "facelift" kahler, which most likely replaced the original one.

Comment

Working...
                          X