US made Tecate factory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US made Tecate factory?

I recently purchased an 06 SL1, decoding the serial comes up with Tecate Mexico. Are modern USA models milled in Mexico and assembled in the US?

what does "decoding the serial" mean? what resource did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
      what does "decoding the serial" mean?
      it means that the guitar serial project now includes jackson.

but a user still has to enter the right digits, and that assumes the answer is even correct.

Comment

Originally posted by wyldwulf View Post
        I recently purchased an 06 SL1, decoding the serial comes up with Tecate Mexico. Are modern USA models milled in Mexico and assembled in the US?

jackson/charvel, now part of fender, do have lines made in mexico.

but instead of relying on some random website algorithm... why not toss us the info.
        we know much better than some silicon valley web geek.

Comment

to answer the question, anyway, your sl1, which presumably has "made in usa" on the headstock, was made in the usa, not mexico. no conceivable woodwork on this guitar was done in mexico. if anybody has any evidence a "made in usa" guitar has had millwork done in another country, they should be invited to contact the federal trade commission (FTC) about a potential violation.

Comment

That and the Fender factory is in Ensenada.

Comment

Sorry for the slow reply- I used the guitarinsite.nl decoder, but the serial in question would be U26428

Comment

Sorry for the slow reply- I used the guitarinsite.nl decoder, but the serial in question would be U26428
                According to my personal serial number database, a U26428 serial number indicates it's a 2015(ish) model, not 2006. Definitely made in the Corona, Ca factory. Maybe someone else can chime in with a more accurate production date

Comment

I love "decoding".
                  U means - I have no idea.
                  2 - 200x
                  6 - 6, when combined with the 2, it means 2006
                  4 - april
                  28 - the 28th made that day

sometimes people put too much thought into things.
                  26428 means it is the 26428th made.

I mean, even the history of Jackson they have posted is non-sense.

Comment

My wild guess is U means USA.

Comment

I think pianoguyy was pretending to take the perspective of someone who over-interprets the numbers while pretending that the letter (which actually does mean something) doesn't mean anything.

I don't have production experience, but if I had a company and my products needed serializing that was foolproof and easy to interpret, I would implement the following (or something similar) serial number scheme:

US-2020-07-001

There is no mistaking that that is my first American guitar produced in July 2020. If my company was so big that I produced more than 999 guitars that month, it's simple to add an extra digit at the end. If I have a different country making my guitars, change the country code to anything else found at https://www.iban.com/country-codes.

Comment

on the internet, sarcasm doesn't always come across well.

the website said it was 28th made in april 2006, with no explanation for the U

Comment

"U" serial numbers were started in the early 90's on the usa select series (or whatever they called them then...it was for jacksons made in small batches with a number of finish options, anybody remember the bikini beach?) whereas the true one of a kind customs had "J" and of course the rhoads had "RR"...no clue how they serialize them today...hope this helps...d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

U26428 should be mid-2015.
                            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The decoder is junk.
                              Jackson USA serial numbers run sequentially. There is no way to derive date info from the number itself.
                              Jackson stopped listing dates for ranges of serial numbers, so several here have complied lists based on known production dates for certain serial numbers.
                              You can then extrapolate an approx date for a serial number.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X