help deteriming if legi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help deteriming if legi

This guitar was listed on offer up locally, anyone have any input, serial number is claimed to be J86XX. Seller claims it was made in 2008 from custom shop
    claims as dumb teenager tried to refinish it.

Neck appears to be quartersawn.

Bridge appears to be OFR.

Fretboard appears to be ebony.

I'm not that familar with USA jacksons does this look legit

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="0pry5oQ"><a href="//imgur.com/0pry5oQ"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="LG9s2as"><a href="//imgur.com/LG9s2as"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="cqJZ6VV"><a href="//imgur.com/cqJZ6VV"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="lpccKfy"><a href="//imgur.com/lpccKfy"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="wrNiHbt"><a href="//imgur.com/wrNiHbt"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

You need to post the link to the image, not the gallery that image(s) are stored in. The url’s you posted were the gallery urls.

Comment

I’d offer $400. When he complained, I would tell him the cost to salvage that mess is ridiculously high and the value of the instrument is tanked.

Comment

A lot of the specs look correct for a USA Jackson and it does have some unique features (like a matching reverse headstock, EMG battery box, older control cavity route) that appear to be custom shop. Damn shame it's a mess, but it could be restored - at a price. Get a better picture of the last fret with the serial number or check that out if/when you see it in person. And look at the binding. Can't tell from the pics if the seller used some chemical stripper to remove the paint and it also messed up the binding. And what's with the EVH D-tuna? That guitar has a route for the floyd rose so the bridge should be level with the body if the action is set right. With the D-tuna, it's possible the bridge is raised and the action is high. But check that out also.

Comment

legit...and it needs a legit restoration...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Nice lefty.... There are a lot of places you can send it for a new finish.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Serial and the year seem to be wrong. I have my neck-through guitar ordered from Jackson Custom Shop around 2011 and got it around 2013, it has J8022 serial on it. So, based on my guitar's serial that soloist seems fake.

Comment

And why isn't there any screw holes for the floydrose cover on the back side of the body?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidec View Post
                    And why isn't there any screw holes for the floydrose cover on the back side of the body?
                    Maybe he bondoed them over but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X