Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Serial

Hi everyone-

After years of owning two other Jacksons, I finally purchased my first USA model: a KV2 in Quicksilver. Wanted one for so long!

I haven't received it yet but it's on the way! As far as I can tell from the pictures (the strings are kind of in the way), the serial is U24382. It was sold as a 2013 USA model. The seller is a reputable company with stellar feedback; I'm just looking to confirm the year, and possibly month, just for my own records.

There's another thread here with a similar serial. Someone said they started the U2xxxx serials in 2012. That makes sense since mine is a 2013 model. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you!!

Based on my log, your production date would be around April 2012, give or take a month. I have a small handful of other USA select guitars in that serial range and they all dated 2012 (not 2013). So it would have to be a later serial number for it to be a 2013 model.

Comment

Thank you so much! I think you're spot on. I posted this before I'd received my guitar, based on the pictures. Looking at the documentation I received from the shop now, Jackson Guitars itself labeled this as a 2012 production. I'm wondering if the retailer said 2013 in their listing because that's maybe when they got it from Jackson... Thanks again - I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Friday View Post
        Jackson Guitars itself labeled this as a 2012 production. I'm wondering if the retailer said 2013 in their listing because that's maybe when they got it from Jackson...
        exact dates are always an issue.
        think about it - we have guys here who have been waiting 3 years for their CS. So, when was the guitar made - 2010, when the order was made. 2011 when it was started. 2012 when it got to a point where you could tell that it was yours instead of just some standard model. or 2013 when it was put in your hands.
        Guitar builds aren't a 1 day job.

And in the case of imports, it can take months from the time it leaves the factory before it arrives in the US, and that many more months before it arrives in a store.

also worth noting -
        IMO, the exact year of imports isn't needed.
        Unless you are in a situation where "in 2013 they made a change", you don't need to know that it was a 12 or 13.
        They are mass produced and churned out of the factory by the boatload. There shouldn't be any difference between a 2005 and a 2020.

Comment

Working...
        X