Need help with my RR1 serial number.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my RR1 serial number.

I'm just trying to nail down the year of my RR1. Unless i'm reading it wrong, they only show up to 2001 on the Jackson site, and my serial number isn't UOxxxxx so I'm just a little confused. The serial number is U24421. AFAIK it should be a 2012 or 2013 RR1, but I'm not sure. I found on online serial number decoder that tells me it's a 2004 and it was made it Mexico, so that's clearly not correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's U0 as in a number, not O as in a letter, and they started in 2000. The U2 numbers did start in 2012.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      It's U0 as in a number, not O as in a letter, and they started in 2000. The U2 numbers did start in 2012.
      Frig sakes, that makes sense. Thanks. So my guestimate that it's a 2012-2013 is likely bang on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelder17 View Post

Frig sakes, that makes sense. Thanks. So my guestimate that it's a 2012-2013 is likely bang on the money.
        Where not Jacksons made in Mexico really imports from the Fender factories in China now used to make Chender and Chibsons?

Comment

Your RR1 is a 2012 model, like Toejam says. Based on my log, your production date is around April 2012, give or take a month as I only have a small handful in that serial range in my log. BTW, what color/graphic is your Rhoads so I can add it?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
            Your RR1 is a 2012 model, like Toejam says. Based on my log, your production date is around April 2012, give or take a month as I only have a small handful in that serial range in my log. BTW, what color/graphic is your Rhoads so I can add it?
            It's a gloss black w/ black hardware. Though I am about to change the floyd/nut and tuning machines to gold. Not that that's important.

Comment

Originally posted by Rana View Post

Where not Jacksons made in Mexico really imports from the Fender factories in China now used to make Chender and Chibsons?
              No idea to be honest. The only other guitars i've owned where I cared enough to research serial numbers and origin were my Les Pauls and a Strat Plus I had which ended up being an 89 or 90. The Pauls I bought new from dealers so there was no real mystery.

Comment

Easy way to identify USA neck through instruments:

UXXXXX - USA production guitar (1990 and later)
                JXXXX - USA custom order
                JAXXXX - USA Archtop
                RRXXXX - USA Rhoads V (1983-1989, all Rhoads Vs got an RRXXXX serial. From 1990 only custom orders got an RRXXXX serial and production guitars got a UXXXXX serial. A small number of Rhoads Vs have been mis-stamped with JXXXX serials over the years)

There have been some specialized serial number formats used for USA built limited runs (e.g. JCF runs, PCS series, etc). These serials are pretty well documented and easy to find online.

There are also a small number of prototypes, employee builds, and artist endorsement guitars (such as the original Concorde) that did not get a serial number stamped on them. You should try establish providence on such instruments if you want to buy one.

If you have any other serial number format on a neck through Jackson, you have an import.

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/neck-thru

USA made bolt ons are even easier:

XXXX (on neck plate) - USA Custom Shop bolt on (from 1983-1989, all bolt ons used this serial number format)
                XXXXXX (on neck plate) - After 1990 - USA Production bolt ons
                XXXXJJ (stamped at end of fretboard) - Jackson Junior Bolt ons (JJs did not have a neck plate)

If you have any other serial number format on a bolt on Jackson, you have an import

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/bolt-on
                Last edited by CaptNasty; 05-27-2020, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X