No announcement yet.

Jackson USA DK2 lava Cracle very rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA DK2 lava Cracle very rare?

hi, im from Argentina, yerterday i bought this Jackson.
    I thought it was Fusion but when I took it apart i saw it is A DK2 . have Ebony fretboard and JE1500 boost system, the paint i think is Lava Crackle.
    Have you ever seen one of these?

Congrats! Very cool Jackson. I've seen other dinky models like this that had similar specs (like the control layout, pickups and pickup up routes, etc.). Those are typical for late 80's and early 90's custom USA made dinky models. You do not have a DK2 which is an import model that came out much later. I think the number in the neck pocket is a reference to a production date but hopefully others will come along and confirm that. No matter what, you have a sweet guitar.

Comment

Johnnyryche thanks, the serial is 001359, its reference of the year 1991 ( not is custom because have 00 ) but i am a bit loose about the guitar, here the serials:

Comment

i am no expert on ... let me rephrase that...
        other than a date stamp, i know nothing about what the neck pocket markings mean.

What makes us think it is a DK2 ?

I see the DK. I see the 2.
        But they aren't together.

Comment

It is not DK2. It is Dinky Strat 24 USA Select Series. Made in USA 1991. This finish (Fire Crackle) was very popular in the late 80s, but very rare for Jackson USA Select Series. I saw only two Jackson Fusion USA in this finish

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew85 View Post
            It is not DK2. It is Dinky Strat 24 USA Select Series. Made in USA 1991. This finish (Fire Crackle) was very popular in the late 80s, but very rare for Jackson USA Select Series. I saw only two Jackson Fusion USA in this finish
            So is it a Strat or a Dinky? There was a Strat 24, but didn't those have rounder "Strat" bodies? A Dinky body is smaller than an actual Strat, but I do rememeber the Strat 24 name.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In the late 80s and early 90s, the model was called Dinky Strat (or Dinky Strat 24 (24 frets).
              Since the mid 90s - called "Dinky"

Comment

for me the name "select" is from fender, it was not used in those times.

Comment

Originally posted by germaug View Post

the usa series started early 90's i think...before that series any usa jackson was an actual special order whether from a customer or a dealer with the exception of limited edition models like the 88...the usa series guitars were made in small batches of 12-15 iirc...i had a usa bikini beach soloist...so yeah it was pre-fender...cool guitar btw, i'd just call it a usa dinky...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

The USA Select line was way before Fender.

Comment

In the late 80s and early 90s, the model was called Dinky Strat (or Dinky Strat 24 (24 frets).
                      Since the mid 90s - called "Dinky"
                      Strat 24. Page 53 of this catalog. https://downloads.ctfassets.net/4jcp...91-catalog.pdf

Comment

Catalogs also refer to a guitar named Vintage Style,,,, hinting at the stratocaster being for old timers.

Comment

I have a lot of pics of the Dinky USA early 90s hang tags, and the hang tags indicate that this is "Dinky Strat"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

Strat 24. Page 53 of this catalog. https://downloads.ctfassets.net/4jcp...91-catalog.pdf
                            its a joke? have 31 pages this catalog

Comment

its a joke? have 31 pages this catalog

no. the pdf has 31 pages. the catalog has 58... 60 if you include the front and back cover the way the pdf does.

Comment

Working...
                              X