Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing pawn shop buy - I got a 1989 custom shop strat with a maple shark fin neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's takeaway: go to more pawnshops.
    “I don’t always play Metallica songs... But when I do, they are mine. I don’t care what you read on the best guitar lesson websites or in popular magazines, it’s all wrong." -Dave Mustaine

Comment

Do you have any pics of it before you cleaned it up?
      Last edited by eighthnotetone; 02-26-2020, 11:17 PM.
      “I don’t always play Metallica songs... But when I do, they are mine. I don’t care what you read on the best guitar lesson websites or in popular magazines, it’s all wrong." -Dave Mustaine

Comment

6. The break angle is pretty steep at the neck body connection due to a pretty thick shim. Does it need to be that angled? My gut feeling is it's the factory shim, any reason I shouldn't change it out to lower the bridge and pickups?

Doing a little research and I'm not really sure why there is such a steep angle. You could take the shim out just to see what's going on, but you said that it plays great as is. Is there a reason to mess with it?
        Last edited by eighthnotetone; 02-26-2020, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mthibeau View Post
          I posted a bunch of pictures in the Jackson facebook groups for this guitar. I'll try to get them on my personal website to share here too...
          I have tried to join that facebook group several times. Never get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by eighthnotetone View Post

Doing a little research and I'm not really sure why there is such a steep angle. You could take the shim out just to see what's going on, but you said that it plays great as is. Is there a reason to mess with it?

As previously mentioned -
            the trem is not recessed.

Comment

Working...
            X