Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

years to avoid when looking at soloists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• years to avoid when looking at soloists?

guys any years for Jackson soloists that I should be avoiding?
    I'm looking at picking up another SL-1 and my newest soloist is a 2001. Any years after that where quality sucks or dipped?
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Now we are talking! This is just the question that is in my mind - though I am more interested in 90's production: I have eyes on an USA1991 soloist. Good year?

Comment

I know others will say different....
      But, I've grown weary of the pre fender guitars. Not all pre-fender. I just mean the last few years right before Fender.
      The late 90s models.

It just reminds me of Peavey Amps, going from being being built like a tank to... the company is hurting, so let's cut a few corners and skimp on quality to save a couple bucks.

Comment

I have several Jacksons from various eras and don't see any reason to avoid certain years. They've all all been good.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I check the bridge position on every Soloist very carefully - there are way too many misaligned bridges out there for my taste. The worst offenders are from 2005-2009 by my experience, but it's better to check them all. Difficult mistake to rectify due to neck through construction.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaska View Post
            Now we are talking! This is just the question that is in my mind - though I am more interested in 90's production: I have eyes on an USA1991 soloist. Good year?
            Yes 1991 was a golden Vintage Year.

The Danger Zone begins somewhere around 1994-1995ish, when Metal was practically outlawed in the U.S. and cheapie Jackson imports starting showing up for the first time.

There has never been a bad time for USA Jacksons in my experience, although imports haven't always been up to level of that famous name.
            '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
            '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
            '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
            '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
            '90 Charvel 475 XL
            '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
            Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
            Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
            Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Working...
            X