2016 Jackson PC1 mini toggle broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Jackson PC1 mini toggle broken?

Hey Jackson fam! I picked up a 2016 PC1 yesterday but the mini toggle switch closest to the bridge, which I assume is for the neck pickup, is not working. Could this simply be the switch or is there something else that is more than likely bad? If so, does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can get replacements? I already looked at the pinned threads at the top of the USA forum, but they don't have links to actual parts, nor do I think the information coincides with my particular issue(although I could be wrong?). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That mini toggle is to change the harmonic mode.
    The other is the on/off switch for the sustainer.
    Both of the toggles are soldered to the main board and not easily replaced.
    What makes you think it is broken?
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      That mini toggle is to change the harmonic mode.
      The other is the on/off switch for the sustainer.
      Both of the toggles are soldered to the main board and not easily replaced.
      What makes you think it is broken?
      I was'nt hearing any difference in tone while flipping the top switch to make sure all electronics worked so I assumed it was broke. I'm not familiar with these PC1's at all...

Comment

It's not a tone switch.
        Make sure you have a fresh set of 9v batteries in and then plug in and turn on the sustainer.
        Turn the intensity knob all the way up (the one closest to the output jack), then turn on the sustainer (the other mini toggle). You should feel the guitar vibrate a bit.
        You will either here a sustained fundamental note or a sustained harmonic note when it's on. Flip the switch closest to the bridge to change from harmonic to fundamental.
        If nothing happens, your sustainer is broken.
        At that point, I can help you troubleshoot it. I repair them all the time.
        -Rick

Comment

synapsistheory bought something other than a V-shaped guitar? Hell hath truly frozen over.

Congrats and hope you get the sustainer issues figured out!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            It's not a tone switch.
            Make sure you have a fresh set of 9v batteries in and then plug in and turn on the sustainer.
            Turn the intensity knob all the way up (the one closest to the output jack), then turn on the sustainer (the other mini toggle). You should feel the guitar vibrate a bit.
            You will either here a sustained fundamental note or a sustained harmonic note when it's on. Flip the switch closest to the bridge to change from harmonic to fundamental.
            If nothing happens, your sustainer is broken.
            At that point, I can help you troubleshoot it. I repair them all the time.
            Awesome! It's working flawlessly! Thanks so much for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              synapsistheory bought something other than a V-shaped guitar? Hell hath truly frozen over.

Congrats and hope you get the sustainer issues figured out!
              I know right?! It was too good of a deal to pass up. Probably won't keep it though.

My custom shop V is coming in a month or so. Getting pretty stoked for that!

Comment

Originally posted by synapsistheory View Post

Awesome! It's working flawlessly! Thanks so much for the help!
                You're welcome. Always glad to help.
                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                X