Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help me identify this mystery scott ian guitar? (image heavy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help me identify this mystery scott ian guitar? (image heavy!)

Hi all, long time lurker forst time poster here! I purchased what i was told was a jackon usa custom shop scott ian JJ.( see linked images) now, as seen in the photos it does not have made in USA on the headstock and the serial number (on the bottom of the fretboard reads JJ 0749). it is the through neck model and not sure if its anything but the headstock graphic is kind of 3 ply laminated? (i think) the control plate is made of metal other strange things, the flame finish is much longer than any other JJ ive seen online (it reaches the bottom of the guitar in th emniddle and at the edges) (im not a JJ expert ) and the final thing is there are few chips on the guitar, one is on the corner of the body and i can clearly see another graphic/finish underneath. Id love to know if what ive bought is indeed a USA and what year it was made. it has a hardshell jackon case. thanks everytone for looking and for sharing your expert knowledge on this

FULL SHOT

Headstock

Back

Neck joint

Inlay

Hidden finish

Serial

Thick 3 ply headstock decal

Last edited by vettahead; 09-01-2019, 02:45 AM.

It should be the JJ2

Neckthru, with mahogany body on trans finishes, or alder on solid and graphics
    Ebony fingerboard
    S.Duncan Scott Ian signature pickups
    soft V neck

The first ones had the kill switch instead of tone (around 2000), replaced later with a tone pot (2003/2004...??)

The strange thing is the lack of the "Made in USA" just under the logo

Comment

Cool JJ. Looks like a standard Hot Rod Flame graphic that was offered in the USA Select series. Why do you think there is another graphic or finish underneath? The chip that I see is exposing the light blue that matches the pinstripes around the flames. I think that light blue is the first color that is painted on the body, which is then masked off for the flame outline. The flames are then painted and then taped off with the black painted on top of everything. The tape is then removed to show the graphic. So unless I'm missing something in that chip, it looks normal. And if I had to bet, I would guess that Dan Lawrence painted that hot rod flame graphic. It looks very similar in style to the HRF kelly that I have which Dan painted. You could always send an email to Dan and ask him about. He may take a while to get back to you if he's busy but it worth a shot if you're looking for more info on this Jackson.

Comment

Pretty sweet guitar
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
        X