• Help me identify a Jackson Dinky !

Hi my first post here.
    hope to find an answer to this mystery.

What year this guitar?
    this is a legit one?
    how much this guitar worth?
    this is a custom shop guitar?

thank you .

Last edited by ranoz11; 08-29-2019, 09:14 PM.

Wow, that's nice!

Based on the four digit serial numbers located at https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/bolt-on, I'd venture a guess your guitar is from 1989. That sounds about right to me; the JT590 trem that's on your guitar was seen more than the JT6 trem by about 1989 from the limited observation I've done of this era.

I wonder if there are any stamps or anything written in the tremolo cavity, on the neck heel, or in the neck pocket (you would need to disassemble the neck from the body) that would help to identify the year.

Comment

I agree. 1989. A lot of USA Jacksons did not get the "Made in USA" under the Jackson name on the headstock that year, and I believe this is one. There might be more details on that stamp they sometimes use in the backside under the trem cover.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

MORE PHOTOS

Comment

Also, the strings are strung in reverse around the tuning posts. On your next string change, I recommend you string your guitar in the opposite manner; that is, the strings should start their post windings on TOP, rather than UNDERNEATH, the post.

Comment

yes, wrap the strings the other way. in the meantime, if you keep it locked, you could snip them off altogether.

I am drawing a blank at the moment... doesn't that Jackson inlay mean something?

Comment

Offhand, the 12th fret inlay doesn't ring a bell. It's very common for ESP to put a mother of pearl ESP inlay/logo on their guitars at the 12th fret (as seen below), but the only Jackson that comes to mind that even remotely resembles that is the 12th fret inlay on the Jackson Limited Edition '88 (as seen below):

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  but the only Jackson that comes to mind that even remotely resembles that is the 12th fret inlay on the Jackson Limited Edition '88 (as seen below):

That is probably what I was thinking of

Comment

what a very nice guitar!! its USA 1989

Comment

Working...
                    X