X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
    Is that a JT590 on this guitar?
    Yep, that's the Schaller/JT590.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

Yep, that's the Schaller/JT590.
      Thanks

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

The high E saddle succumbed to the infamous JT590 cracked saddle issue:

Comment

The BK Trilogy arrived today. Pup swap will happen early next week.

Comment

Got the guitar back from the pickup swap today. First impressions:

The Evo2 bridge pickup is really nice. It is exactly what I wanted. It is hot. It is articulate. It is aggressive. When my tech swapped the pickup and we played on the amp he literally said “What was the name of that pickup? I usually don’t like DiMarzio, but that is a great pickup”.

The Trilogy in the neck is hot. It balanced out the Evo nicely. It is articulate under gain. Cleans up very nicely. Played Diary of a Madman with it and it sounded very nice. Did roll off the highs just a little when playing clean.

In the middle position I really liked what I heard.

Comment

Glad it worked out for you! I may eventually change one of the singles in my G&L Legacy that's HSS. The Trilogy seems like it'll work well with the JB.

How's the noise level on that since it's a true single coil?

Comment

Thanks ToeJam.

I would say it is pretty typical 60hz hum. Which surprised me being as it is such a hot pickup. I was expecting way more noise. This guitar is very well shielded, so that could be a factor.

I could see the Trilogy playing off of a JB. The JB is warmer for rhythm. Flipping to the Trilogy for lead work, I think you would have plenty of power and in the neck the Trilogy has some Strat “quack”, but also has that tubular neck feel. Very nice for Legato and sweeping. It is bright though. I will have scenes on my Axe FX that activate a PEQ to tame the highs for soloing. I may actually put Trilogies in a Mahogany H-S-S Custom Select DK that I have coming. I think a mahogany body would tame the highs perfectly.
                  Last edited by CaptNasty; 09-01-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Very cool. I usually don't like the JB all that much, but it works in this G&L Legacy I've got. And I do tend to like brighter neck pickups for the most part, so the Trilogy sounds nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X