Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ball Park price on a 1992 Soloist MIA???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Park price on a 1992 Soloist MIA???

It has some issues, first the pickups have been removed and a Tone-Zone installed in the Bridge position, no other pickups.
    Missing a knob.
    The finish has some "clear" spots on the edges of the headstock like maybe it is lifting a little.
    Otherwise from the pics it looks decent. Looks like an OFL....
    What should I be looking for in person? Any known trouble areas with these in this year??
    Am I correct in thinking these came with "Electronics" for Active pickups?
    If so will they affect how non active pickups work?
    Again, what should I be looking for?
    I know its hard without pics etc, that's why I asked for Ball Park range prices.
    Lets call it Fair condition.

Is it this one?
    https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...-w-hsc-usd-400

Comment

Originally posted by DJGranite View Post

Am I correct in thinking these came with "Electronics" for Active pickups?
      If so will they affect how non active pickups work?
      No, Jackson never made active pickups at all. They were standard passive and would sometimes use active electronics in certain models, such as preamp booster, mid boost or wah-type circuit. Those electronics could be used with any passive pickups but usually sounded best with Jackson's own pickups.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
        yes that's the one.
        Another guy has first dibs on it and is supposed to check it out tomorrow morning. I'm next in line..... Supposed to get a call if he passes.
        Seems like a pretty good price for a neck through Custom even without a couple pickups.
        We'll see.
        Any red flags?
        Last edited by DJGranite; 07-01-2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          No, Jackson never made active pickups at all. They were standard passive and would sometimes use active electronics in certain models, such as preamp booster, mid boost or wah-type circuit. Those electronics could be used with any passive pickups but usually sounded best with Jackson's own pickups.
          From what I see it came with J-200 in neck and middle and a J 50M and the J1200 active mid boost circuit according to the 92 catalog. That's why I'm asking, any pics of the J-1200 mid-boost setup? be nice to know what it looks like so I can see if its still in there.

Comment

If the "bones" of the guitar are solid, meaning it's structurally solid and the only damage is the superficial blemishes seen in the photos, that's a great deal. I wouldn't have posted it as a Deal Alert in the E-fraid forum otherwise. The missing pickups and knob would be inconsequential to me; nice to have, but at $400 I won't be whining about them as long as it's a solid guitar.

Let's just hope it's solid. Best if you can personally inspect the guitar in person, or trust the seller enough if it's not a face-to-face transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              If the "bones" of the guitar are solid, meaning it's structurally solid and the only damage is the superficial blemishes seen in the photos, that's a great deal. I wouldn't have posted it as a Deal Alert in the E-fraid forum otherwise. The missing pickups and knob would be inconsequential to me; nice to have, but at $400 I won't be whining about them as long as it's a solid guitar.

Let's just hope it's solid. Best if you can personally inspect the guitar in person, or trust the seller enough if it's not a face-to-face transaction.
              Its in the next town over about 20 minutes, and oddly the town I work out of most days, so an in person inspection if The other guy doesn't get it. I should know today.
              The site was acting up on me when I started this thread, I hadn't seen your EFraid post. Good to know you get them from my area as well.

Comment

Just heard from the seller... No surprise, first guy to answer the ad got it.
                Oh Well.

Comment

That was a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X