Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the shape of RR1 , MII Rhoads pro and Soloist necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the shape of RR1 , MII Rhoads pro and Soloist necks?

Jackson catalogs has not published shape information on the neck, and their website does not put detailed info in the necks.

What's the shape of the RR1
    And Soloist?

It seems the Japanese models all have thinner necks? I have tried the DK2M MIJ model. Is 1-2mm really that much different on the two above? I should still like the other necks am I right?

I guess I have to assume the MII Rhoads pro necks are different as well? Info on those?
    Thanks.

Just went to Sam Ash and tried all of their Jacksons. I really liked all of the necks! So I'm guessing the RR1 won't be any worse. The MII Solist was amazing!

But I still want to know if its a D or U or C

Comment

The older Jackson catalogs do specify the measurements of their necks.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

^ Yes I saw that. But no "Shape" mentioned. And I thought since they are making new guitars, that the thickness is different? NO? I'm sure this guitar here https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...chlorine-burst has the FATTEST neck I've ever put my hands on next to Gibson. But I can't find a listing for this one at all. The shape is odd for me.

Thanks!!
        Last edited by DanzoStrife; 05-20-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Weird. They must be varying the profiles on their newer models. The Dinkies were usually supposed to be pretty slim, a Soloist and a Rhoads were supposed to be thicker but still relatively thin, and a King V and Warrior (I think also a Kelly) were supposed to have a slim D-shape "speed neck" profile like Dave Mustaine had spec'd out on his guitars. The only real thick necks were the Phil Collen PC1 which is rounder, and the Mark Morton which is like a fatter D shape. I don't know what they're doing these days.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, I was surprised too. It was like baseball bat shape. I think all of the Jacksons are a bit thicker than the 18-20mm neck I own, but I find the shape and compound radius a superior neck. Jackson has the best neck. But for the DK3LM, this just lets me know not to get anything unknown online.

Comment

The RR1 and SL2H have had the same C shape for many years, though I don't know if that's changed in the last couple years or so.
              I expect not.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks Mudlark ! How did u find this out? I tried looking thru the catalogs.. The MI Soloist neck was amazing. Anyway, I Really like the neck. Btw, was impressed by mii pros. I know I narced on MII from some bad ones I found, but now they're great.
                Last edited by DanzoStrife; 05-21-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

The neck profiles on those two models are pretty common on here.
                  I have a couple USA Soloists and can attest to the C shape.
                  The dimensions are given in the early 2000's catalogues and the RR1 and Soloists have the same profile names/dimensions.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

MudlarK: alright cool man. The Jackson C compound necks are just amazing and I can't even look at Ibanez or ESP anymore..
                    Since u have USA soloists can u tell me how much they both weigh? The new Caribbean MII Soloist is pretty nice and only 7lb 6 oz . And also convince me why I should choose a USA soloist over the MII. Other times I'd ask you the other way around, but I thought the demo build quality was near perfect, and was only missing my favorite MoP inlays. Thanks! (Though I will still get USA when I can find the right color, not sure if really want plain black).
                    Last edited by DanzoStrife; 05-25-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I wish I could weight them, but I have no scale.
                      The SL2H is slightly heavier than the SL2HT and I'd say 8lbs would be a good guess.

Comment

Cool. Then it sounds like the MII's overall construction is a little lighter due to the metals in tuners/bridge and possibly due to the wood. But there's variance of 1 lb of the same guitar I've seen. So maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                        X