Jackson PCS Rhoads - WHITE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PCS Rhoads - WHITE

We have a RR PCS in our shop. We thought it was a 1992, but some threads suggest they didn't start until 1993/1994. I have seen the "available in black only" in a 1993 catalog. Thing is, ours is WHITE with serial PCS 0150 RR. The story we have is that there were 150 made. Of those, most were black/gold and only 2 were white/gold. Apparently, there were a few natural finishes in the remaining 148. I called Jackson (Fender) and the sales guy actually said they had no info on any Jackson guitars prior to the Fender acquisition. I asked if any other sales guys might be considered 'Jackson experts"? He said no one knew anything pre-Fender.

Another part of the story is the only other white (PCS 0149 RR, maybe?) was given to Delores before she passed. Only it had a black headstock. Ours is white.

Anyone have any info on these? Number/colors/year of manufacture, etc.?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQJsXwFqSD/

Well you have already identified the PCS for players choice by the serial and they were available in the 1993-1994 catalog. 150 could be true as even custom shop Rhoads are by 1997 around 2800. I got one of the catalogs in 1994. Finally put order in summer 1996 for a black original Rhoads which by then were custom only (I never recived that info at that time.)

It arrived in December 1996 fresh from the custom shop with the serial RR27772. Love from day 1 one and I still have it in original condition except strings. As for changing details for customers Jackson proudly include we build it anway you want in the same catalog so sure a ivory/white with gold knobs is no problem and already limited run makes it even more limited. So most PCS Jacksons which were all of the 6 different styles offered as some special editions could be one offs in some details.

On the final tech card I have RC for Ryan Crampton who did final check prior to shipping. He is on Facebook. Maybe he can tell more. He does not work for Jackson any more.
    Last edited by RR2772; 05-11-2019, 03:40 PM.
    What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Is it for sale?

Comment

CS =Custom Shop. What does the P stand for ? Players ?
        Last edited by DanzoStrife; 05-18-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Players Choice or players custom shop but yes P for players. That is the general understanding and PCS term will always connect with those 2 years when they were in the catalogs.

I have to ask Ryan Crampton on the correct understanding of that term from Jackson point of view.

​​​​​​If its more rare than CS is a question as any CS is up to the customer and hardly 2 are the same.

How much for it?
          Last edited by RR2772; 05-18-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X