NGD Custom Shop Select 1 hum RR1T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Custom Shop Select 1 hum RR1T

Thanks to Jay and Matt at Matt's Music for another great custom shop experience. Jay got them to install a brushed chrome EMG 57 even though that wasnt an option and got the volume moved to the tone spot as a special request. Has stainless steel frets and locking tuners.
    Jay actually took the pics and I figure they're better than any I would ever take

Last edited by vander; 05-07-2019, 11:24 PM.
    -Michael

Wow - very cool (and very yellow!) man!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That is really cool. That yellow really pops.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's killer. The knob isn't really where the tone knob would be though, right? I'm looking at some stock RR1 pics right now and your knob looks roughly halfway between the stock volume and stock tone knob... almost where the 3-way toggle would be. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me? Regardless, good move having the knob located a bit further away, that's never a bad thing!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellas...you're right Number...I did the same thing. It's not actually where the tone knob would be...little higher than that. Just wanted the volume out of the way for palm muting. Guess I over spoke a bit...but that was the request to the CS.
            Last edited by vander; 05-08-2019, 01:04 AM.
            -Michael

Comment

BTW...just posted a youtube video earlier tonight playing the comfortably numb solo for S&G a couple weeks ago with my last custom shop select from Matt's...love this guitar...might as well post the family...That voume knob isn't lowered and always gets in the way...lol
              Last edited by vander; 05-08-2019, 01:05 AM.
              -Michael

Comment

We all live in a yellow flying V, a yellow flying V, a yellow flying V...

That'll be in your heads for the rest of today You're welcome. LOL

Looks great, congrats.

Comment

Very cool RR! Congrats.

Comment

I never would have thought to spec something like that for myself, but I'm jealous now that I'm seeing it!

Comment

Great guitar! Beautifully simple and simply beautiful! Good for you!

Comment

Great job with the Comfortably Numb solo on that Soloist!

Comment

Thanks Number..appreciate it. Funny I think..they're the same build in retrospect...just the body style and color is different...but I've always regretted not doing stainless frets on the soloist.
                          -Michael

Comment

That is freaking awesome dude!! I love it.

Comment

Thanks Slayer...it's for sure my new number one. Plays like a glassy dream....tons of mojo!
                              -Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X