No announcement yet.

This has got to be a joke, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope that unscrupulous behavior was just a one-time occurrence. It can take a lifetime to trust someone and just one moment to have that trust shattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      I really hope that unscrupulous behavior was just a one-time occurrence. It can take a lifetime to trust someone and just one moment to have that trust shattered.
      Indeed brother. Once is enough for me to never have any dealings whatsoever about anything. Oldschool

Comment

Originally posted by hazar View Post
        Indeed brother. Once is enough for me to never have any dealings whatsoever about anything. Oldschool

Agreed!!

Comment

Interesting prices to say the least. I've been watching his videos for a while but never looked the prices. wow.
          In the video where he shows the Kelly it's never truly mentioned that it was HEAVILY modified guitar. I got the impression the way he talks that it
          was maybe restored or something. Obviously you can clearly see that it's not the case. It's not really a scam BUT almost is.

Comment

Our thread here now pops up very high in Google search results for "Jackson Kelly J0742". Since the Essex listing on Reverb openly states the serial number in their ad description and in their Youtube video, any prospective buyer can enter the serial number into Google to do some research (and why wouldn't you want to do at least a bit of research on ANYTHING before spending more than a few hundred dollars?) and they will see this thread with all the background information. So even if the listing itself omits information accidentally or on purpose, we cover that here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
              You need to take into consideration where he lives man, those guys over there pay insane prices for mid grade imports, let alone USA models...
              Hmmm my posting didn't quite work. I'm "over there" (over here) in the UK and those prices are crazy, we do pay extra compared to the USA but not that much e.g. USA Production Charvels were under £1000 when new, Custom Shops Charvels have been going for £1600ish and USA Musicman Axis usually sell for under £1000 second-hand.

Generally we pay in £ the same figure as your prices in $.
              Last edited by darrellm; 08-09-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Yeah this guy kept lowballing me on reverb for an old WR1 i had. I had it listed at £1650, mint condition 1 factory flaw. He messaged me offering £1000 telling me in his experience 'thats all its worth'.
                Someone else later messaged me, and after saving up a few months bought it for my asking price.
                This guy is a real clown and people need to get a second opinion before buying any of his guitars, he relies heavily on imperfect information to boost his selling price.

Comment

Essex Recording Studio has a Super Dinky that they are asking over $2000 for: https://reverb.com/item/13590453-rar...-sdk1-dk1-dk-1. SDKs go for a fraction of that price. I guess he just waits for the right buyer to stumble along.

Essex Recording Studio does not hold a candle to this guy though: https://reverb.com/item/24028339-jac...1998-polka-dot

Comment

That Essex guy is nuts. And you should see how much people really hate him on the ESP FB page. hahaha
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes he just buys all USA Jacksons that are reasonably priced and then just doubles the price.
                      Here is a good recent example:
                      https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/prod...yjackson93020/

https://reverb.com/item/27669503-jac...an-super-strat

I am wondering how he sells that stuff? He must take like few hundred pounds of the prices and people think they are getting a good deal.

Comment

I am not sure he sells many. I have been watching this guy for a while now. There are guitars that have been up for sale for years. I think he is patient and waits for the right buyer (aka sucker) to stumble into his listings.

I also think it is funny how he claims so many of his instruments are “rare”. Rarity does necessarily equate to value. Demand increases value.
                        Last edited by CaptNasty; 09-07-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X