Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a Kelly user and fan's dilemma. Is it time to take the next step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a Kelly user and fan's dilemma. Is it time to take the next step?

i need advice from the professionals (no pun intended)

ive been playing guitar for nearly 20 years. I am not really a Jackson fan to telly ou guys the truth. BUT, what i am is a KELLY die hard. so i guess my question is:
    Is a KE2 USA really worth it? I have 2 fantastic Grover Jackson KE-c.u.95s Japan that i swapped out the
    Takeuchis for Floyd Rose Originals. one has a bridge DiMarzio Air Norton and a decoy dummy in the neck. th other has a Seymour Duncan Black Winter bridge and Duncan Designed HB-103N neck.
    is the stamp sayin "made in USA" in the headstock that important?

ive actually owned a KE2 before but sadly sold it to some douchebag. can someone weigh in the
    pros and cons negatives an positives of buying a KE2. i am working but i would need to sell a lot of my stuff to finance a
    KE2. is having a KE2 like having a sports car i never use? i leave it to you guys to tell me what's up.
    MY GEAR
    -GROVER JACKSON KELLY KE-c.u.95 Transblack with Seymour Duncan Black Winter bridge trembucker custom and Floyd Rose Original Gold Satin custom
    -GROVER JACKSON KELLY KE-c.u.95 Transblack with EMG HZH4s and Floyd Rose Original black satin
    -FENDER STRATOCASTER AMERICAN STANDARD 2002 Black with white pickguard. All Stock.
    PEAVEY RAGE 258 25watt modelling amp solid state

I had one KE2, actually a MF1 with the hardtail Kahler. Sold it a long time ago because I was stupid then. I loved everything about it, except they are a little neck heavy. Managable though.

Comment

My honestly opinion is, just start putting money away and start eyeing Ebay and Reverb etc. One of my regrets was selling my Jackson Stars Rhoads, they made some really quality stuff in that shop (Along with your Grovers) . And no, at least for me the "made in USA" isn't terribly important, so long as where the product is coming from is a quality shop. The Made in Japan stuff is great, I don't know about any of the newer Jacksons, so far I haven't really seen anything to get my excited about the pro series. so..

end of the day, it's your dream guitar, no one can really tell you if it's right for you to do, but like I said, throw money in a savings account, and then check the used market
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I'd love to get a KE-2, but I currently have a KE-3 body with a DK-1 raw oiled neck that sounds and plays fantastic. I've blocked the Takeuchi (didn't come with a bar), and still use the HB103 set that it came with because they sound great. I have plenty of pickups sitting around but I'm not messing with a good thing.

Which brings me to the KE-2. I'm afraid to get one because what if it doesn't sound or play as good as the Kelly I currently have?

Comment

Hey Don

Yeah since your Kelly is a parts guitar but a great one at that i dunno u should prolly yry a Kelly neck first
          MY GEAR
          -GROVER JACKSON KELLY KE-c.u.95 Transblack with Seymour Duncan Black Winter bridge trembucker custom and Floyd Rose Original Gold Satin custom
          -GROVER JACKSON KELLY KE-c.u.95 Transblack with EMG HZH4s and Floyd Rose Original black satin
          -FENDER STRATOCASTER AMERICAN STANDARD 2002 Black with white pickguard. All Stock.
          PEAVEY RAGE 258 25watt modelling amp solid state

Comment

Working...
          X