Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pickups

Hi all,

I see quite a lot of Jackson USA models for sale lately. I am absolutely not a fan of the Jackson pickups; Call me stupid,ignorant... no problem, I just don't like them, its a matter of taste
    My question is: there are Jackson pickups which are larger sized which is problematic if you wanna replace them. I assume all the Jackson pickups with the Jackson logo in the right bottom corner and no exposed polepieces are larger sized than Seymour or Dimarzio-classic humbuckers? Thanks experts!

Ok, You are stupid,ignorant.

The larger size is not a problem.

1. You can take the cover off an put it over your favorite regular sized pickup. You owe me money because I got off my lazy ass and tried it out. TB's don't work, but a regular spaced SD or DiMarzio work.
    2. You can order special pickup rings from fretsonthenet. I've ordered ones that are a perfect fit for EMG's.
    3. You can just live with the larger gap around the regular sized pickup in the oversized pickup ring.
    Last edited by DonP; 01-27-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      You are stupid,ignorant.

The larger size is not a problem.

1. You can take the cover off an put it over your favorite regular sized pickup
      2. You can order special pickup rings from fretsonthenet. I've ordered ones that are a perfect fit for EMG's.
      3. You can just live with the larger gap around the regular sized pickup in the oversized pickup ring.
      1. Yes, i know it is a cover, but do they also fit over pickups with polepieces/screws?
      2. I wil check that out. This will be a pickup ring which screws will fit exactly in the 4 mounting holes on the guitar?
      3. So , the route is bigger isn't it? Did Jackson do that to fit the pickup with the cover?

Cheers!

Comment

FWIW, I have a 2008 JS30RRFR Rhoads V and I replaced the stock Jackson branded pickups with a pair of F-spaced Dimarzios and they mounted just fine.

Before-

After-

The poles on the F-spaced Dimarzio line up perfectly with the strings. The angle of the photo makes it look like they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by thepartyprogram View Post
          1. Yes, i know it is a cover, but do they also fit over pickups with polepieces/screws?
          2. I wil check that out. This will be a pickup ring which screws will fit exactly in the 4 mounting holes on the guitar?
          3. So , the route is bigger isn't it? Did Jackson do that to fit the pickup with the cover?

Cheers!
          1. Yes, no worries with pole pieces. I put the cover over an SH8 Invader with the big ass bolts. As long as you glue it in good it will be fine.
          2. Yes, fits perfect. That guy used to be on this forum a lot. He makes a lot of custom parts.
          3. Yes, the route is bigger due to the plastic cover being bigger.

I think it was done just for looks back then. I still like the look of the Jackson covers on my pickups. i think it is a cleaner look than open bobbins on a humbucker.

Just take a hot glue gun to the cover and you are good.
          Last edited by DonP; 01-27-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scole View Post
            FWIW, I have a 2008 JS30RRFR Rhoads V and I replaced the stock Jackson branded pickups with a pair of F-spaced Dimarzios and they mounted just fine. The poles on the F-spaced Dimarzio line up perfectly with the strings. The angle of the photo makes it look like they don't.
            Seymour Duncan TB's do not fit because the bobbins are wider. DiMarzio F's make the pole positions wider but keep the bobbin width the same. So DiMarzio F's would be the perfect replacement under a Jackson cover on a Floyd'ed axe.

Comment

Thanks for the replys/insights!

Comment

Working...
              X