No announcement yet.

Any info on this Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that in the picture. And yup, remove the screw and spring it's holding in place and you should be able to push it out from the bottom. Take the trem off to avoid unnecessary anger and cursing.

The paint is interesting. It kind of looks like a watermelon and a volcano fucked and left Platinum pink jizz everywhere.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I dunno about the guitar, but Life of Dreams is a great record

Comment

I love the Crumbsuckers. I hope Gary has a speedy recovery!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pro...urder-attempt/

Comment

I'm guilty of the train wreck paint job at 17 too bro, fug it. But, If you want to do it justice, I would restore it as best as possible. The color may grow on you.

Comment

Cool strat, looks like metallic pink. Definitely worthy of a restoration. I don't think I'd run an Invader with the Jackson active electronics system, I'd restore that to stock as well.

Comment

Ditch the Jackson JT-6 trem and stick an original floyd in there. They should drop right in..if not a tiny bit of sanding around the trem arm in case it rubs should do the tric.

Comment

So my 2018 project is to get this axe back to fightin' shape!
                Thinking of either restoring the pink or having it professionally stripped down to the wood and clear coating;
                replacing with the original pup or a SD JB;
                reconnecting the active preamp?? What's the point and purpose of this?
                Would that fly with a JB pup?
                And finally putting in an Original Floyd, FU Tone....

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks

Comment

You might find the wood underneath isn't super pretty, so in the short term, I'd suggest trying to strip it back to the pink and see how that looks. Personally, I hate active electronics so I'd leave that, but it's all subjective. An OFR would be a great upgrade though..
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by kenbossart View Post
                    So my 2018 project is to get this axe back to fightin' shape!
                    Thinking of either restoring the pink or having it professionally stripped down to the wood and clear coating;
                    replacing with the original pup or a SD JB;
                    reconnecting the active preamp?? What's the point and purpose of this?
                    Would that fly with a JB pup?
                    And finally putting in an Original Floyd, FU Tone....

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks
                    If you really want to hot rod the tone, do these upgrades to the OFR:

First, upgrade to the Tungsten sustain block (not Titanium, specifically Tungsten) what this does to the tone of an OFR equipped guitar is remarkable. The Tungsten blocks are so dense/heavy, that a standard sized Tungsten block is roughly equivalent to a big brass block, so you can get the tone boost without losing the pull up on the OFR. These are available at FloydRose.com. May be able to find some on eBay or other merchants. FU-Tone does not have the Tungsten block.

Second, replace the tremolo claw with a brass claw. I was floored by the difference this simple upgrade made.

Finally, install some noiseless springs. Did not notice any shift in tone with this upgrade other than the elimination of spring noises (thunks, spring stretching and that reverby/springy sound).

I did these mods to my Soloist. When my son heard my modded guitar, he had me do the same to his Soloist. When my other son heard his brothers guitar, he had me do the same mod to his MusicMan. All three guitars became much more punchy, bigger sounding, more alive, much more aggressive and clearer/more articulate after these upgrades. It did this without adding shrillness or muddiness to the tone.
                    Last edited by CaptNasty; 01-04-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                        You might find the wood underneath isn't super pretty, so in the short term, I'd suggest trying to strip it back to the pink and see how that looks. Personally, I hate active electronics so I'd leave that, but it's all subjective. An OFR would be a great upgrade though..
                        So, are natural wood finish guitars built with specific, aesthetically-pleasing finished wood?
                        What exactly does the active electronics do to the sound? how does it interact with passive pickups?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Nice. Try to restore it back to the original color. BTW, the Jackson pickups are not active, they only made passive pickups that could be used with some of their active electronics. It would have either had a mid boost, wah filter, or preamp gain boost.
                          How could I tell which one it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                            Yes the 9volt powered the active preamp. Pickups themselves were passive though.
                            So it gave it a power boost?

Comment

Well, that's the theory - they use 'ugly' wood (plain, joined etc) for solid colours as it's cheaper. Then reserve the 'pretty' wood for guitars where you'll actually see the wood.

I'm no expert on the what/how on active electronics, but I've had them in 3 Jacksons and they just make it sound very processed to me. Or they boost the output which gives this bright distorted output. But that's just my opinion and I like just a volume and a switch, nothing else. So you might love what active circuits can do for you.
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

BTW, is this Jackson most likely an alder body??

Comment

Working...
                                X