Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with USA RR1 Serial Number Plrease!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with USA RR1 Serial Number Plrease!

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. So ''Hi'' to all!

I am hoping somebody can help me out with a recent Ebay purchase as follows:

I recently purchased a USA Jackson Randy Rhoads in black with hot rod flames finish. The buyer purchased from a U.K. Shop in which he works, he thinks around 2001/2002. He sold it as a USA Select model. The serial number is U10878. I have looked at the Jackson Guitars serial numbers listing on their website and there is no mention of a serial number that begins with U10, there are references to U01. I have contacted Jackson Guitars and received a reply from Fender, who state they cannot trace the origins of this guitar since they only acquired Jackson guitars in 2002. I would like to be able to learn the history of this guitar. Specifically when and where it was manufactured and whether it is a genuine USA Select model. Also, is the hot rod flames finish a production model or custom?. If someone could help me out with this I would be very grateful,

Cheers in advance, Mike :-)

Welcome to the forum. It is a USA Select serial number from 2002, so made in Ontario, and hot rod flames was a standard finish then. Can't really say if it's "genuine" just on the info. you've given with no photos etc., but no doubt it is. Hope you like the guitar.
    Last edited by ken; 12-20-2016, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, that's a correct serial for an early 2002 USA Select...possibly late '01... but I'd say early '02 is much more likely. My personal list contains U1084x for February 2002. Perhaps Jonnyryche will come along with his list of numbers and narrow it down to the month.

Fender won't make the 2002-present numbers public for some reason.

The numbers ran in sequence and they're currently up over U26xxx.

They were made in Ontario, California during that year if I'm not mistaken. They moved to Corona CA. after the Fender buyout in late 2002.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Mudlark is correct that it's an early 2002 model. Based on the other numbers in my log, it's production date should be around February/March 2002. And it sounds like the you have a USA select production graphic with the hot rod flames on a black base. I've also seen a couple that had matching headstocks and almost bought one from a fellow JCF member years back. Here's a couple pics of other Rhoads with and without the matching headstock. Does yours looklike this?

Comment

Not sure if I've seen the matching headstocks.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Late week i purchased a beautiful Jackson rr1 black emgs ...with the serial number U17283 ..Trying to get info on it ..but serial number decoders web sights and nothing would come up...started to study the other years 2001 was the last year Jackson released info on there website and fender brought Jackson later on on late 2002....looks like this where the last guitars made in the Ontario Factory..sold as select and some custom shop... these U1 fender dose not recognize but they also don't know or recognize the entire rr1 2002 catalog.. so the bottom line in the transition of the company being transferred over and ownership they either lost these serial numbers or never even bothered to deal with it in some way shape or form which is totally wrong and that needs to be corrected in my book or needs to have a new form of these 2002 so that further and better records can be made cuz this is frustrating for people who buy these guitars and then they're wondering if they're fake which they are not pisses me off a little bit and I can imagine it might piss off other people that spend $2,000 on a guitar and they can't gather all the info on it...we dont know how were made ? But what we do know is that they were built in Ontario Factory..2003 build in Corona Factory. These guitars are 100% real but sometimes between sales of ownership things can get jacked up .. I would love to start a new website on 2002 owners and start Gathering data all these guitars and there serial numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Mahl View Post
              Late week i purchased a beautiful Jackson rr1 black emgs ...with the serial number U17283 ..Trying to get info on it ..but serial number decoders web sights and nothing would come up...
              Based on my log, your production date for this RR1 is around July/August 2006. You can find the Jackson catalogs for 2006 online to get some of the other specs if you're curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post

Based on my log, your production date for this RR1 is around July/August 2006. You can find the Jackson catalogs for 2006 online to get some of the other specs if you're curious.
                Turns out it a 2007 feb decoder finally worked..

Comment

I thought Fender was more than happy to share information about Jackson/Charvel guitars made after 2002; not sure if you tried contacting them already. Usually we get people who are in the opposite situation, where their guitar was made before 2002 and they came to JCF to seek help because Fender wouldn't help them for their pre-2002 guitar.

Comment

What decoder are you referring to? I'm not familiar with anything to decode or date USA select serial numbers. People usually try to contact Fender or some of us have our own unofficial logs that we've been keeping for years. And it seems unusual that your RR1 would have a completion date of Feb 2007 as that would be way out of the serial number range for other guitars that I've seen in the U17XXX to U18XXX range.

Comment

I don't know what decoder you are talking about.
                      But, for the most part, trust the guys on this site that do that tracking. They keep actual records of things, not just some computer guestimate.

*there has always been, and always will be, a difference between date information because - start date. end date. date the date was written. date the serial was assigned. date it arrived at a retailer.... and all points in between. We've all ordered guitars and had to wait 3 years for them to get to us. So, a difference of a few months is acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                        I thought Fender was more than happy to share information about Jackson/Charvel guitars made after 2002; not sure if you tried contacting them already. Usually we get people who are in the opposite situation, where their guitar was made before 2002 and they came to JCF to seek help because Fender wouldn't help them for their pre-2002 guitar.

nothing to add.
                        just thought it was worth repeating.

Comment

Just wanted to add that although Fender acquired Jackson in 2002, they were still building Jacksons in Ontario through some point in 2003. Reason I know this is because at NAMM 2003, which is in January, I toured the Ontario factory. In fact pix of the GX Bullseye Charvels in another thread on here are from that tour. So if you have a 2002 built guitar it was made in Ontario. If its a 2003 it could be Ontario or Corona depending on when in 2003 it was built. And finally, I have a custom shop Soloist that was started in Ontario and finished in Corona
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

What is the contact number for Jackson (fender?)?

Comment

Working...
                            X