1997 Jackson Dk1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
    Let's see pics of when idiot Reverb seller listed the guitar! Wonder if those pics had all the problems and haphazard shims everywhere.
    Well, DRM is the one who sold it on Reverb. The guy that ps43203 got it from was on FB, but I'm wondering if maybe someone else was involved before him. Either way, it sounds like the last guy who had it didn't disclose all the stuff that was fucked up.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Correction: The guy in between DRM and ps43203.

Comment

I have always wanted one of those mid 90s Dinkies. Glad you got it back in shape.
        Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

She is fine, and no nothing was disclosed to me regarding the issues, but honestly I really don't think
          he even knew. I am just happy it is with me now and back in the JCF community, where it will stay.
          If ever decide to pass it along, it will be done here, where I know it will be taken care of.

Comment

I am going to shim the body to make the neck profile exactly flat, so the floyd sits in the body level.
            I'll take pics, (since I did a whole whine on shims), and show where shims are necessary, or in my
            case, preferred. I will show how to do it the right way, (well, my way, may not be right), I want to
            shim the body and make sure the pocket is fully supported. I am saying this because if you put a
            small shim at the end of the pocket, toward tuners), there is a the possibility of the pocket warping
            over time, as a result of the shim between the neck and the pocket. Just want to be clear here and
            maybe give someone else a little help in this area of guitar tweakage. Till then...........

Comment

http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and...or_Guitar.html
              >^v^<

Comment

Thanks Murkat, I had no idea that SMac made those. I do not want to add any height to the end of the neck pocket, so the graduated shims should work nice.

Comment

Working...
                X