1997 Jackson Dk1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Jackson Dk1

Hey all, I finally scored a deal on a 1997 Jackson Dk1, 22 fretter. It is a Blue Burst (BB), came out right after the Dinky Exotic Players Choice series. 4 digit serial. I am going to pick it up here within the the next week. I just wanted to reserve my spot, for a crap ton of pics. I am little too excited and hoping posting this doesn't jinx it, lol. So psyched to finally get a hold of USA! I am 43 acting like a little kid.

You'll never forget your first. Congrats.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      You'll never forget your first. Congrats.
      Thanks. It has been a long time coming. I so can't wait to take it apart and clean it,lol.
      She is pretty mint, but I still need to pee on it and shit, lol. I will take good pics too.

Comment

Think I know the one you nabbed, I was very tempted by it. Cool score.

Comment

yeah, that's a pretty one!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I am going to get her on Wednesday. So psyched. It is probably the nicest one I have ever seen. Having a hard time believing it. I figured you guys would know which one it is.

Comment

Nice! Saw your post on FB, Dan. Congrats.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks brother, I can't wait to show it off, then I will probably disappear for the winter with it, lol.
                Going into writing mode! Hope all is well with you and glad your still here holding down the fort.
                Last edited by ps43203; 09-08-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Finally Pics!! What a hot mess she was/is. It will take awhile for her to settle, but all is well.

Comment

Oh and it is NOT a 97, It is a 98, which is weird. Maybe one of the last ones?
                    Also, the thing was a mess, I had to pretty much, rebuild it. One of the trem
                    posts was so loose, I pulled it out with my fingers, lol. I just put a new one in,
                    painted the walls of the bushing hole with Tite Bond and let it dry overnight.
                    Also sunk both post bushings in, as far as they would go.
                    So far so good,

Comment

Gorgeous. Hope the issues are all sorted now. Congrats.

Comment

Strikingly beautiful! Great work; obviously you cannot tell now that there was anything wrong with it before. What bridge pickup is that, the Black Winter? I recognize the font but I've never seen the Black Winter's logo color in anything other than white.

Comment

Thank You and yes it is a Black Winter with Red Script and Black Poles. I'm not sure if I like it.
                          I probably will change them ALL, to white. I hate ceramic humbuckers as a rule, but will give a whirl.
                          I'll bet it came out of a Schecter or something like that, it is pretty beat up, I could care less about
                          the pickups anyway. I am just happy to own such a rare beautiful piece.

Comment

A little help for those pulling in a new/old friend.
                            1. Check for shims and take them all OUT. Half the time, no need for them, nut and body.
                            2. Check the Floyd Rose Studs, see if they are chewed or loose. Sometimes, newbs, have the trem angle wrong and slowly pulls them, (studs), up and forward making the hole loose.
                            3. Check the truss rod, if tight, OIL then LOOSEN it, until there is just a little tension, let it sit for an hour, go from there.
                            4. If you are unsure of your abilities in guitar maintenance/repair, take it to a tech, for the sake of the instrument.
                            Don't learn on a USA Jackson, get an Ibanez for learning.
                            5. This info is a good starting point for getting the most play ability from a guitar. Trust me, most of the time, little
                            tweaks and band aids, over the years, on some of these guitars, could have been solved, with a truss rod tweak, or
                            a pair of reasonably experienced eyes. Etc....

Comment

Here is the final setup, neck and stuff. Wow, it plays like melted butter. Almost no effort, crazy. It could use a crown and level too and still plays better than any of my other guitars. USA is the way, I TOTALLY get it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X