Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG - f'ing butchered.....

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking butchered parts mutt. If it had the original neck plate, I might think the body and neck possibly go together. But, without it, I'm thinking more likely a parts guitar. And, since old Jackson neck plates don't quite carry value like Charvel ones do, it's unlikely that someone just sold off the original for cash and kept the rest of the guitar together.

Comment

+1

Not exactly done with much pride or skill unfortunately.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          +1

Not exactly done with much pride or skill unfortunately.
          That's a bit harsh. She ain't pretty inside, but the guitar looks, plays, and sounds great (setting aside the chipped pickguard. I'm sure the original humbucker would've added to the versatility but it was a great guitar for me when I was playing her. I'll clean, restring and put her back in rotation. I was playing the Jackson along w a 72 LP back in the early to late-90s in central FL. I'm sure I can make some good noise with her again.

Thanks for for the replies.

W

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
            That's a bit harsh.
            Well, it is true. It's not a bash against you, since you didn't do it, but at least the pickguard covers it up so you don't notice it. The jack on top of the pickguard also looks horrible. Isn't there a jack on the side of the body? Glad it plays and sounds great to you, though.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It might be interesting to compare markings from the neck heel, neck pocket, and any in the Kahler rout. At least it might help to settle if the guitar came together as a unit at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Well, it is true. It's not a bash against you, since you didn't do it, but at least the pickguard covers it up so you don't notice it. The jack on top of the pickguard also looks horrible. Isn't there a jack on the side of the body? Glad it plays and sounds great to you, though.
                Exactly - we are not bashing you and look at it this way: No other guitar on the planet was ever butchered as much as EVH's (and that one is famous )

Comment

Absolutely! I totally get where you're coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
                    Exactly - we are not bashing you and look at it this way: No other guitar on the planet was ever butchered as much as EVH's (and that one is famous )
                    I'll see your EVH and raise you Chris Holmes.

http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/c...yellowstar.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                      I'll see your EVH and raise you Chris Holmes.

http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/c...yellowstar.htm
                      Yes, I was going to mention Yellow Shit.

Comment

Working...
                      X