No announcement yet.

Need info on very unusual Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn that's Nice..You don't see many like that..Killer Score man..!!.

Comment

Depending on the tonal preference, you can go with either the other pickups similar in appearance to the JB Jr such as the Lil Screamin Demon or Lil 59.

If you prefer traditional single coil tones, there are tons of options from everyone but Gibson (as far as I know).

As an aside, why does the "s" in the logo look funny? I don't recall that "s" in that logo from the JCF01s. Then again it's been 15 years
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice one indeed..enjoy her

Comment

LOVE those handscript Jackson logos! Nice score!

Comment

Those specs are ahead of their time. I don't recall ever seeing a Seafoam Green Jackson from the late 90s and I suspect there weren't many logos in that style either. Looks like it could have come out of the CS shop last week.

Cool guitar!

Comment

Wowza! So sexy. Congrats. Almost like a time-machine piece. Enjoy it.

Comment

Very nice! As far as pups, you could probably get any Duncan wind, in Mini Humbucker form.
                The custom shop (Seymour Duncan) can do any of them.

Comment

If I had the patience to wait years for a CS soloist, this is what i'd get.
                  I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

Thanks! It is a great axe! Love the colour and the fact that it doesn't look to metal (which suits my band better) but does play like a beast :-)

Meanwhile, I switched the bridge pu to a Hotrails and put the JBjr in the neck. One of the Duckbuckers stayed in the middle position.

Comment

Very cool, congrats.

Comment

The lil '59 is actually quite hot and should not be confused with the full sized SD '59.. .it's a totally different pickup. I love it in the bridge position. Never tried it in the neck, but I imagine it might be too muddy.

Comment

I should add I use DiMarzio DP422 Paul Gilbert Injectors in my "high gain" single coil guitar and they are pretty good if you want high output and low noise.

Comment

I love the 3 TITE guitars - got one myself :-)

That guitar has a LOT of current custom shop features - seems like it might be a bit newer - OR it may have been restored/refinished by the custom shop. I had a good friend recently send his Soloist to Mike Shannon to get it refinished and restored, and he got that same logo (but in gold color)

Comment

Originally posted by roccotanto View Post
                              I love the 3 TITE guitars - got one myself :-)

That guitar has a LOT of current custom shop features - seems like it might be a bit newer - OR it may have been restored/refinished by the custom shop. I had a good friend recently send his Soloist to Mike Shannon to get it refinished and restored, and he got that same logo (but in gold color)
                              Yes, I know this guitar seems a bit an anomaly. I wish I could find out the specs of the serial no. somehow. All I know is the serial states the guitar is now 17 years old and has -for what I know as the third owner- been in a German Jackson dealer shop as a showcase instrument for a number of years. The invoice from the German music shop (from 2007) states: "Jackson USA custom shop, Neck0thru, Light blue, Demoguitar-showroom"
                              Last edited by TheGreenMonster; 10-07-2016, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Man, that's one of the coolest Jacksons i've seen in a while- congrats on the score!
                                Love that color!

Comment

Working...
                                X