X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a hold of Dave, http://www.fretsonthenet.com/index.htm
    >^v^<

Comment

Awesome, thanks. His site looks quite helpful for odd bits.

Comment

Originally posted by 10kohm View Post
        Received the guitar yesterday. This thing sounds great in my opinion. Bridge is an all gold Floyd Rose Original so pretty stoked on that. One thing that kinda sucks is that it is missing the tremolo cavity cover. Anyone know where to get one? Also, anyone have an idea of the ballpark value of this axe? Fretboard is ebony and inlays are MOP.
        I bet your not so bummed about it being a bolt on now, are you? Very nice axe. If you ever consider letting it go, give me a shout.

Comment

Not bummed at all. To be fair, neck-thru was never part of my purchase criteria because I had heard all the arguments for and against and figured it didn't really matter. I was however worried that the guitar I was receiving was not of soloist quality but after receiving it, I realized that it was even though it wasn't a soloist. If you can PS, please send me a message with an offer. It's not that I want to sell but I am curious what people would pay considering that the guitar was mislabeled. Also, does anyone here know a member named "glory"? He sent me a PM asking some questions but didn't explain who he or she is and why they were asking. They don't have any posts but it looks like they have friended many members.

Comment

That guitar is every bit as good, quality wise, as a soloist. If anything maybe, slightly better. I only say
            that because Dinky's are much less common in relation to the soloist model. Just saying...

Comment

Here is a link to another Guitar Center Anniversary Model. Originally they were all black, (hardware too).
              Looks like maybe Bill Lawrence blade humbuckers, may have been stock?? Looks like the bridge humbucker
              and gold Floyd were added sometime later, on yours. Hope this helps.
              PS: If you don't trust the link or whatever, the serial on the one in the link is 30 of 100.

http://www.guitariste.com/forums/ach...ry,483330.html
              Last edited by ps43203; 09-13-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I know Glory, BTW, he is a good dude. No worries.

Comment

What do you guys think about changing pickups? I have only seen a couple of pictures of these and it looks like the guitar center 30th Dinkies had the Bill Lawerence pickups in the neck and something else in bridge (standard jackson PU?). It seems like passive duncans are a good bet for warmth and tone. I had EMGs in a Warlock and they were not very warm. I would like to be able to do rhythm and lead tones on this guitar so tonal versatility and tightness are important. The stuff I'm playing gets as light as the Stones/Santana kinda stuff, with Dokken in the middle of the range going all the way to Slayer and Megadeth kinda stuff. Any recommendations?

Comment

You could try a 59 in the neck and a Custom 5 in the bridge. If the custom 5 is too bright, try a Duncan Distortion.

Comment

Hey PS, I tried to send you a message but I don't see it in my sent folder. I will try again when I'm at home and at a desktop computer. Seems like the mobile doesn't play well.

Comment

Ill take it! It's the anniversary DK1 as mentioned and a just as good as any Jackson. Play it!!! Then decide,

Comment

I was saying that my mobile browser doesn't play well with JCF. The guitar I have played quite a bit and I love it but there is something that I want to do for my wife so I am going to sell the guitar to pay for it. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY love this guitar so that gives you an idea of how much I love my wife. If you want to buy it, I will PM you my asking price.

Comment

I just recently picked up one of these Dinkys.
                            #53 of 100. Got it from the original owner.
                            I'll try and get some pix up.
                            Have the tag, build tag.
                            Labeled as Jackson USA custom shop Dinky.
                            The serial number is the #53/100 or whatever number yours is over a 100.
                            The guitar is in great shape. The only that was wrong with it, is that one of the screw holes in the base plate of the Rose was stripped.... Which has led me on the mission I'm on now, but that's another story.
                            But I am in the market for a Jackson licenced
                            Schaller JT-590.

Comment

My 2 cents in this matter is get a new schaller baseplate or a whole new schaller or Floyd rose or gotoh whatever you can fit in there. THeres no point in getting one of those "old" Jackson branded schallers(jt-590). Because in time they will all have the stripped screw holes since they were made that way. The new schallers have hardened metal inserts for the screw threads so they will not strip. I highly doubt that anyone will care what name the baseplate of the trem will have. I mean these are not 50000 dollar Gibsons that need all authentic parts and whatnot.

Many people i guess have also fixed those old baseplates but for me i think its useless since the new baseplate is only 90-100 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                              X