Need help identifying a soloist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying a soloist.

Hello guys. This is my first post. Need help identifying a guitar. It is labeled as a "1994 SL1 Soloist Usa Guitar Center 30th Anniversary Ltd Ed #91 Of 100". Called guitar center and Jackson and neither could offer anything. It struck me as odd that it was labeled SL1 being that it is in the HH pickup configuration. It is all gold hardware, appears to only have one knob (volume?) and apparently has an OBL pickup in the neck. Does anyone have any idea how to get info on exactly what this is (verify)? I will attach a couple pictures.

Links won't display

Comment

you have to host the pics in photobucket (or similar) and post the URLs between [IMG] tags
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I shared them via Google photos and they provided links to share. I used the image button here and thought it was correct.

Comment

https://goo.gl/photos/wUvg7o2WrVz5PExEA
          https://goo.gl/photos/fHTHPVbmaAu9Z5J99
          This is without the tags

Comment

Comment

Thanks so much for getting those images up. Maybe JCF doesn't like google links? Pretty sure my syntax was correct.

Comment

Don't recall seeing one of those before - gold on black with single volume and blade, plus oiled neck are some great specs!! Is it a MF serial number or a 'J'?

Comment

Won't have it in my hands until next week (shipping) but I was told that there is no serial number, just a plate commemorating guitar centers 30th anniversary and that it wad 91 of 100. I can look at it closer when I receive it.

Comment

No serial would be weird. If it's a Soloist it should be stamped at the end of the neck, if it's a bolt-on it should be on the neck plate. Some of the GC guitars had an engraving on the control cavity cover stating it was a GC anni guitar and where it sits in the production run.

Comment

Anyone have an opinion on whether this truly is an SL1? I have never seen an SL1 with two humbuckers. Seems more like an SL2H. Anyone know the first year for the SL2H?

Comment

It's not an SL1 because it's not h/s/s and controls are different, and the controls are wrong for the SL2H too. Is it even a neck-thru?

Comment

Called the seller. He said that there was a plate on the neck with the anniversary info meaning it is most likely a bolt on neck. What is the implication there?

Comment

Also, the headstock does say that it is a USA built guitar

Comment

Given the black trem posts, I'm thinking the gold hardware is probably not original.

Comment

Working...
                              X