Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello. Need to contact management in Fender or Jackson. PROBLEMS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. Need to contact management in Fender or Jackson. PROBLEMS.

Hello. I need to contact management at Fender/jackson to let them how how HORRIBLE job they are doing. I tried JS3 bass at friends house in NYC and liked it. So I ordered one from Musicians Friend. I got it with twisted neck and dead frets and gouge on back of he neck. Send it back. Got a second one with dead nobs on Graphic Equalizer. At this point is sad F/U Jackson and Fender. And got me an ESP LTD B-304. It sounds good, but not as comfy as JS-3. Jackson basses, C4 and JS3 have the best necks I have ever messed around with, and I played around with Schecters, ESP, Epiphone and Washburn. The closest to them is actually Washburn XB-400 and XB-800. In any case. I write them an email as in "WTH is wrong with you?" Their rep named Nathan replies, get this "Buy a third bass, maybe that one will work. Buy from sweetwater, they test everything." . WHAT? So what you are telling me is that you product is junk and you don't trust your own QC and rely on reseller to test your items... So I call in their main number. The guy named Matt picks up the phone, and he would not address me in any other way except "Dude", and "My man", and "Man, yo". Until I told him that we are ain't at no block party, I don't know him, we ain't at the rave, or drinking or partying. Matt refused to transfer me to the manager, as did another CS rep that I have talked to. Nathan, the same guy who wrote me this GENIUS email (buy third one, that might work). He also said that they are "not set up" to let customers talk to management. WHAT? In any case. If anyone has any way to contact Fender Management. Let me know...
    Such utter horrible customer service... Never experienced that. Reps didn't even give a damn that not only they are making Jackson brand look even worse with their words, but they are making Fender brand look bad. If that's their customer service, I do not EVER want to deal with Fender or Jackson.

This is the USA section. The JS3 is an import. I don't think Jackson at Corona ever even sees any imports come through. And there really isn't much of a Jackson as a company. It's a brand owned by Fender. The only Customer Service you would speak to are Fender people.

Sorry to hear you've had problems. Maybe the problem was with Musician's Friend, not Jackson.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Jackson's customer service is useless to many who contact them. Some get no reply at all.
      I've had a JS3 for years and I can't find a single fault.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

You should always wait a bit before going off on stuff like this, you sound like a jackass.

Yes, it's not right (and perhaps they do need to tighten up QC and whatnot), but that's why the golden rule with guitar buying is to try the actual one before you buy. When I worked for a store we would test everything that came in and send back what wasn't up to our standards. Go find a good local dealer that does the same.

Comment

Yeah, sorry, sounds like it isn't Jackson's issue. If the guitar needs adjustment that's gonna happen to anything you buy and have shipped to you. Action, neck issues, pickup height, there are so many variables. It might be best to try one out in a store and then you can tell what you like and what you don't like. If you can't do that, you should learn how to do set ups. Don't blame Jackson for it.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            Yeah, sorry, sounds like it isn't Jackson's issue. If the guitar needs adjustment that's gonna happen to anything you buy and have shipped to you. Action, neck issues, pickup height, there are so many variables. It might be best to try one out in a store and then you can tell what you like and what you don't like. If you can't do that, you should learn how to do set ups. Don't blame Jackson for it.
            Twisted neck, gouges, and dead nobs don't really fall under set up though... Ordering online is definitely hit and miss.
            2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
            Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
            Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
            Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Sadly this happens with many brands, not just Jackson.

All the more reason to buy instruments in a store, or from a small online dealer who can give you good attention. Or Sweetwater, who can put their hands on a guitar.

Sadly, I feel that most places, like MF, just have a warehouse of boxes that they just ship out as the orders come in.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                Maybe the problem was with Musician's Friend, not Jackson.
                Originally posted by kamanda View Post
                Go find a good local dealer that does the same.
                Originally posted by gnarzan View Post
                Ordering online is definitely hit and miss.
                Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                Sadly this happens
                All the more reason to buy instruments in a store
                Sadly, I feel that most places

I think that "big box" stores and (online shopping in general) have strangled the little guy to the point that...
                You aren't going to find anything more than junk brands in most stores anymore. Maybe you can find some Jackson imports and Ltd type stuff. But I think that in most place you are more likely to find Jay Turser or Samick.

Comment

I've had good success with TMZ and Music Farm for ordering online. I won't buy from MF just because... MF. Unless it's something I can't get anywhere else at a better price, but I do have a GC locally that I can return to.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The original poster probably won't reply back, anyway. He had one post about a 5-string bass in July, never bothered to reply to the responses he got.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ETA: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/ema...htung.1240357/
                      Last edited by Vass; 08-28-2016, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Estimated Time of Arrival? Dafuk?

And yes, princess, you bought the lowest model made by the outsourced sub-contractor from the shittiest dealer on the planet, and you want to bitch to management how their overseas poorly supervised don't-give-a-fuck-just-make-a-buck Quality Control has problems? The Customer Service reps are not there for people who spend $150 at a Musician's Friend Dent and Scratch blowout.

Get a real job, spend some real money. That coffee shop/book store/"only place I can work around here with a partially shaved head and wear my Slayer shirts" shit doesn't get you anywhere but depressed, and then you end up with a junk instrument like Ibenhad or LTD. If you've got such a boner for a Jackson bass, work for a good one, not one that still leaves room in the budget for fucking beer and weed.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Tell us how you really feel Newc.
                          -Rick

Comment

my iPod Classic plays up, won't let me upload podcasts and often isn't recognised by my computer. I can't believe Steve Jobs won't return my calls. Can anyone hook me up with his direct line?
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                              Tell us how you really feel Newc.
                              sigpic
                              Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X