Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sl2h soloist standard nut size and string spacing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of those guitars look to have an issue to me. I would have never put Ibanez above Jackson for build quality and attention to detail but to each their own I guess.
    1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
    2002 Candy Apple Green DK1
    2008 Satin Black SL3
    2011 Charvel Socal Candy Red
    2010 Les Paul Standard Plus Cherry Burst

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

Hi ibanez... well i cant imagine the E string were indeed that close to the edge !! The 2006 and 2008 omg... i wonder where could have gone wrong... perhaps a nut thats wrong the string spacing or either entire neck width and fretboard width measurement is wrong ? But that would be a big mistake that what jackson coy would do...

If its the bridge misalignment but the polepiece of the pickup seems in place where the strings runs thru as center of the polepiece ? Sorry cant comment anymore... i am sure that sunburst soloist is a great guitar?

Maybe you should get down on stores to personally try these SLs before buying it...

Thanks for sharing the pics... cant imagine you have such bad experiences but for me a Jackson neck thru made to perfection is the best sexy guitar ever made...

I still remember i sold off my 2002 transblack sl2h years ago and now i am planning to get a transblack sl2h again but so far i seen the finishes these days the flametop and how they color the transblack seems to be different from what i got back then... it seems the maple flame they use are not as AAAA as before, lesser wave pattern and the finishes now have a wider solid black contour surrounding the edge of body...

I dont know if i could go on with a CS for the particular flametop i want and the particular transblack finishes am looking at...

Comment

don't bother man, your guitar is just fine.

just curious: WHEN your E string slips off? i mean... what do you do? exercises or something else...

Comment

Originally posted by Gigi View Post
          don't bother man, your guitar is just fine.

just curious: WHEN your E string slips off? i mean... what do you do? exercises or something else...
          Yeah... i guess its my sloppy playing then... when i do practises switching between the E and the B string with some hammers and pull offs... you know the paul gilbert picking exercise that involves the E and B .... i usually runs from 1 to all the way up...

I realise when i get tired i tend to pull down the E string in a manner that it tends to sway to the outer frets and thats when problem of slips occurs or when i do hammer and pull offs... maybe is just my fingers too weak plus the string tension is abit loose and action was a tad higher.. i adjusted the action tighten up the string tension and it helps abit better now lol

Comment

Working...
          X