NGD 1985 Pink Platinum Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD 1985 Pink Platinum Soloist

Finally got around to finishing this one up. I picked it up awhile back off of Reverb.
    It was all complete, but a bit grungy.
    It's a 1985 Platinum Pink Soloist Serial number: J0688 and Work Order: 4658
    I had a pair of early vintage Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound single coils that I've been saving for a suitable guitar, and this was it.
    I got tired of looking for a nice vintage Duncan JB, so I instead went with a Bare Knuckle Holy Diver.
    Disassembled and cleaned up the Kahler, it set-up great, plays and sounds awesome!
    I've got the string lock, but since it goes over the truss rod cover, I'll put in on during the next string change.

To the Pictures!!

Last edited by deoreo; 08-04-2016, 11:00 AM.

Just smokin! Love it, congrats..

Comment

Awesome. Old soloist are just killer guitars

Comment

Nice one! Congrats.

Comment

That's cool! I usually have my tech cut those old truss covers and mount the stringlock properly. Shame on Jackson for doing that. You'd be forgiven for such a minor modification.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            That's cool! I usually have my tech cut those old truss covers and mount the stringlock properly. Shame on Jackson for doing that. You'd be forgiven for such a minor modification.
            +1 Did that on RR0373. Cut up a spare truss rod cover / saved the original one. Sure makes getting to the truss rod easier . Oh, I used shorter screws too.
            "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Congrats! Love the color! killer soloist!

Comment

That's a good idea! I like the idea of saving the old cover and modding a new one. Thanks guys!

Comment

Wow a classic for sure. Congrats.

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats.

Comment

Most excellent score! Love the cleanup and the flat pole Quarter Pounders...they got ballz!

Comment

Love it

Comment

Originally posted by deoreo View Post
                          That's a good idea! I like the idea of saving the old cover and modding a new one. Thanks guys!
                          I don't like the way they ground their Kahlers either. So I improve upon that too with shielding tape and solder.

Comment

Another good idea! I'll have to get some of that shielding tape.

Comment

Most awesome...and welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X