No announcement yet.

NGD CS Select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW....This guitar came with locking tuners even though I didn't order them. Having restrung already I can definitely say that anyone with a string thru that's not using locking tuners is doing themselves a big disservice. Everyone always says you don't need them but why wouldn't you. String changes take minutes and the string ends rarely make contract with each other around the peg before it hits pitch. The wrap itself keeps it in tune for a long time just because its so clean. You won't regret it.
    -Michael

Comment

Nice old school guitar !!

Comment

I love locking tuners. If I knew what model was a drop in replacement for standard Jackson tuners I'd replace all mine.
        Heath

Comment

Originally posted by vander View Post
          BTW....This guitar came with locking tuners even though I didn't order them. Having restrung already I can definitely say that anyone with a string thru that's not using locking tuners is doing themselves a big disservice. Everyone always says you don't need them but why wouldn't you. String changes take minutes and the string ends rarely make contract with each other around the peg before it hits pitch. The wrap itself keeps it in tune for a long time just because its so clean. You won't regret it.
          I put locking tuners on all my guitars, even ones with a Floyd. The ease of string changes is really the reason. Plus it looks nice and tidy not having extra string/winding/wraps at the headstock.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            I put locking tuners on all my guitars, even ones with a Floyd. The ease of string changes is really the reason. Plus it looks nice and tidy not having extra string/winding/wraps at the headstock.
            Which model is a direct drop in for Jacksons? I've read the Schaller M6L XL version but I've never seen an XL.
            Heath

Comment

I use Schallers, not sure of the exact model. I buy them from Warmoth typically, but they are not always direct drop in. I suspect it's a metric/standard issue as the tuner holes have needed to be reamed out slightly for them to fit.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                I use Schallers, not sure of the exact model. I buy them from Warmoth typically, but they are not always direct drop in. I suspect it's a metric/standard issue as the tuner holes have needed to be reamed out slightly for them to fit.
                Ahh, do you bore out the peg holes yourself or send it to someone? What type of difference are we talking? A little or a lot?
                Heath

Comment

Originally posted by Carcaridon View Post
                  Which model is a direct drop in for Jacksons? I've read the Schaller M6L XL version but I've never seen an XL.
                  Stock Jackson tuners are rebranded Gotoh SG381.
                  Gotoh makes a locking version that is a direct replacement.
                  SG381 MG-T.

http://g-gotoh.com/international/wp-...sions-en-1.jpg
                  -Rick

Comment

Not to further the hijacking of this thread, but yes locking tuners are the greatest!!

Comment

Originally posted by vander View Post
                      My first custom shop was a reverse single hum Dweezil green Charvel through Matt's on a 20 piece (10 reg 10 reversed) limited run here at JCF about ten years ago. I loved that guitar and still regret parting with it so that had a lot to do with the design choice. Wait time was about 5 months.
                      5 Months! Are you married to someone in the Fender regime? Scott at Rainbow guitars (nice guy BTW) told me 18-24+ months, consistently !

Comment

Originally posted by jeff9beck View Post
                        5 Months! Are you married to someone in the Fender regime? Scott at Rainbow guitars (nice guy BTW) told me 18-24+ months, consistently !
                        Six months is common wait time for a guitar that can built under the Custom Select program but if what you spec'd for a guitar has to be Masterbuilt then the 18-24 month wait time makes sense. I think I am six months into the wait for the Masterbuilt King V I have on order. I fully expect to not see the guitar anytime before 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                          Not to further the hijacking of this thread, but yes locking tuners are the greatest!!
                          No worries about hijacking..I'm the one that brought up locking tuners.
                          -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by jeff9beck View Post
                            Straight custom select orders with no masterbuilt options nave quicker turnaround times. The original estimate given was 6 mos to year. Like I said even Matt's music was surprised at how quickly it was completed.
                            -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
                              Six months is common wait time for a guitar that can built under the Custom Select program but if what you spec'd for a guitar has to be Masterbuilt then the 18-24 month wait time makes sense. I think I am six months into the wait for the Masterbuilt King V I have on order. I fully expect to not see the guitar anytime before 2018.
                              Oh. Yeah mine was way off the "menu", but this guitar fit in...maybe I'll have another look at the CS menu. Thanks.

Comment

Came out great ! How long did it take to show up the first time before you sent it back for re-finish ?

Comment

Working...
                                X