Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices Checking KE1 Stringthru

Hey guys.
    Looking for a possible price for this KE1. This was purchased new at DCGL in mid 2000's. This was the end of the KE1 run and Kahler had stopped making non trems. Jackson made the remaining stock of 50ish into string thru. So looking what people would think a fair price for this. Just a feeler.

http://www.ghostlandmedia.com/temp/guitars/KE1-5.JPG

Thanks.
    Heath

It's a beauty...I'm all about the string thrus.

I'll just say good luck getting a decent price for it in todays market. There're a lot of great deals out there on USA's.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      It's a beauty...I'm all about the string thrus.

I'll just say good luck getting a decent price for it in todays market. There're a lot of great deals out there on USA's.
      True but I've never seen one like this before. Every KE1 I've ever seen has a Kahler.
      Heath

Comment

Originally posted by Carcaridon View Post
        True but I've never seen one like this before. Every KE1 I've ever seen has a Kahler.
        Because it's not a KE1, it's a KE1T.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Because it's not a KE1, it's a KE1T.
          Actually it's not a KE1T. I have one of those and they're very different. T's are flat tops. KE1's have beveled edges. T's also have body binding. Here is my KE1T.

http://www.ghostlandmedia.com/temp/guitars/KE1T-2.JPG
          Heath

Comment

Originally posted by Carcaridon View Post
            Actually it's not a KE1T. I have one of those and they're very different. T's are flat tops. KE1's have beveled edges. T's also have body binding. Here is my KE1T.

http://www.ghostlandmedia.com/temp/guitars/KE1T-2.JPG
            Could it be a KE2T? I used to have one of those, and they do have bevels with no body binding. All the KE2T's I've seen have H-H pups though, so who knows. Mid 2000's is too late for KE1T now that I think about it.

Comment

KE2Ts were also flat-tops with body binding, 2 hums, TOM string-through.

Axe, your's looks like maybe a transitional or maybe a custom. Was the serial number "J" or "U"? Or maybe it was a late KE1 with TOM that someone added a neck PU to? And there are always odd one-offs with Jackson, exceptions to the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Axe, your's looks like maybe a transitional or maybe a custom. Was the serial number "J" or "U"? Or maybe it was a late KE1 with TOM that someone added a neck PU to? And there are always odd one-offs with Jackson, exceptions to the rule.
                "I was told" that Marty ordered it through DCGL and refused it. It was an oddball. I wish I could remember the S/N but it escapes me. There are others out there like mine, I don't think there was anything "standard" about the KE2T.

Comment

This one even has the 1H:

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    "I was told" that Marty ordered it through DCGL and refused it. It was an oddball. I wish I could remember the S/N but it escapes me. There are others out there like mine, I don't think there was anything "standard" about the KE2T.
                    Well, artist endorsers can often get whatever they want, so that might explain the differences.

And there was definitely a "standard" KE2T model. It was available in the early 2000s for a couple of years, around the time Marty left. Possibly an evolution of the prior MF sig models. Not a lot of them made, though. Flat-tops, body binding, 2 hums, TOM string-through. Trans finishes were quilt-tops with matching heads, solids and graphics had standard black headstocks. I used to have one in black forest green. You can see them listed in the old catalogs.

Comment

Working...
                    X