Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone to help me to find pick-up rings for my soft archtop soloist...^^

Hi,

I'm looking for pick-up rings for my soloist soft archtop because the original ones are broken on the corners (you can see it on the picture bellow... Thanks for your help...

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/

Dave should be able to help you. He's also a member here.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yea fretsonthenet.com . plus those are the oversize jackson pickup rings too

Comment

That's a regular archtop soloist, not a 'soft'. Did you get that from Jani in Finland?
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I allready ask Dave and he answers me that he doesn't have these kind of rings....

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          That's a regular archtop soloist, not a 'soft'. Did you get that from Jani in Finland?
          Exact, I get it from Jani.... but, for me, it's a soft archtop (Perhaps, I said a bullshit!!!! lol)...

Take a look to these pic :

Thanks for your help...

Comment

make them yourself. buy the correct size rings and tape a fairly high grit sandpaper over the area on the body and run them lengthwise over the spot they will sit. just keep checking to make sure they are taking the right curve. then use higher grit sand paper to clean them up on the bottom. presto new rings. this shouldn't result in any damage to your guitars top if it is done correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
              make them yourself. buy the correct size rings and tape a fairly high grit sandpaper over the area on the body and run them lengthwise over the spot they will sit. just keep checking to make sure they are taking the right curve. then use higher grit sand paper to clean them up on the bottom. presto new rings. this shouldn't result in any damage to your guitars top if it is done correctly.
              good idea but you didn't see me with sandpaper in my hands!!!!! lol

And I'm not enough patient to do it well and I prefer perfect job, so if I find one good for my soloist, I take it...

thanks.

Comment

You might need to look into 3D printing if you can find/create the right CAD file. I'm in a similar situation.

Comment

Thanks, I thought about that soluce but I don't know how to do the CAD file... and I'm not sure of the quality of 3D printing....

Comment

Fair enough. If I have any joy with my problem, I'll share the intel with you and whoever else can benefit.

Comment

thanks for your help... I start thinking AAEA's idea will probably be the best solution (DIY).... I will share it if I find better one, don't worry....^^

Comment

Cover the top in painters tape to lessen the chance of damage when you are sanding.

Comment

OK, thanks for the tip...

One of my friends show me this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBusI7wEjOc

Comment

I bought a set of milled delrin pickup rings from some guy on ebay in eastern Europe. lol They'll never break and I didn't pay too much for them. Don't remember who it was though. The rings are great though. lol
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Do you have a picture to show me?

Comment

Working...
                              X