Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

silverburst scott ian signature model...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silverburst scott ian signature model...

has anybody gotten the latest silverburst scott ian silverburst sl2h ? that single humbucker at bridge if you know what i mean....... the dual hum could have been more popular but without the displacement of the toggle switch huh ?

i hear the scott ian sig model is different from the usual sl2h... wonder any guy has it and do a more insight comparison of this to a regular sl2h... ie nut width, thicker body, thicker U or C shape neck ?

I posted a thread a long while back about my experience with the one hum Scott Ian.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/132...t=#post1523291
    Last edited by Dog Boy; 11-10-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

any link please ? thank you ! is it a keeper in your possession ?

Comment

I have one and its a great guitar. The other guy above happened to get a dud. The one I have looks plays and sounds incredible. One of the best guitars Ive owned and thats saying a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by The4thlast1 View Post
          I have one and its a great guitar. The other guy above happened to get a dud. The one I have looks plays and sounds incredible. One of the best guitars Ive owned and thats saying a lot.
          Thanks... i read thru dogboy's thread... i happened to getta very sexy soloist too by chance it features a raw unfinished neck... never that i thought i could saw a part where the neck binding to neck seam has got long fine pocket.... it probably wasnt seated well or not clamped well in the process of binding up the neck...

I dont know if am fussy or not i got this months ago off from someone and didnt really spent time on it untill i saw this flaw thou...

Could someone inspect the binding seam if they gotta jackson unfinished neck ?

Comment

The4tglast1 do you mind if you could look closer at your scott ian neck where just the seam when the binding meets the neck if there lies any gaps between like what the picture shown ?

Think what being mentioned on that thread was this..

Close up of the seam..

Ouch unfortunately it happened on my guitar ... no it better get sealed by glue if not crawlers would sneak in and start its family inside your guitar !!

and for a flatsawn or 10% flatsawn you will see this pattern instead of the very straight grain..

Last edited by hopkinsWFG; 08-15-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Nothing like that on mine, that sucks !

Comment

Originally posted by The4thlast1 View Post
                Nothing like that on mine, that sucks !
                Well if your keen to show clear picture of your scott ian sig neck and board ? I guess it must be good..

Comment

Working...
                X