Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the smell of Jacksons in the morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the smell of Jacksons in the morning?

This may sound strange, but every time I open a case with a soloist that I am the first and only owner of, I notice this nice smell on the guitar. It's had it for all ten years I've owned it. Even after cleaning it, I still notice this pleasant smell. Not sure what it is: wood, oil, paint, hard coat... none of my other guitars have this smell. (or a smell, really) The soloist is a grey snakeskin SL-2H bought from Music Zoo.

One of the major reasons why I'm thinking of ordering a custom shop is because of the smell. lol...

Any experiences similar to mine?

It's the glue the case company uses to attach the inner lining that youre' smelling!

just sayin'.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Well... I'm not getting high from it. lol.

Comment

Definitely the case glue haha

I always thought it smelled like Playdough
        Out Of Ideas

Comment

My cases are all 25 years old and smell like smoked taint.

Comment

Originally posted by claxor View Post
            This may sound strange, but every time I open a case with a soloist that I am the first and only owner of, I notice this nice smell on the guitar. It's had it for all ten years I've owned it. Even after cleaning it, I still notice this pleasant smell. Not sure what it is: wood, oil, paint, hard coat... none of my other guitars have this smell. (or a smell, really) The soloist is a grey snakeskin SL-2H bought from Music Zoo.

One of the major reasons why I'm thinking of ordering a custom shop is because of the smell. lol...

Any experiences similar to mine?
            You like cat pee?
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by claxor View Post
              Well... I'm not getting high from it. lol.
              Maybe you are and that's why you started this thread Just kidding bro, I bought a used PRS from a gigging musician once, I guess I was to excited to notice but after I had it for a couple of days I realized that it smelled like a bar. Horrible cigarette smell mixed with beer. I had to get rid of it quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                Definitely the case glue haha

I always thought it smelled like Playdough
                Actually, when I first got my Carvin made, I thought it sounded like Play-dough! (that smell eventually went away, thank god, I hated that smell)

No, the Jackson never had that smell. Totally different. Better smell, and it never went away!

Comment

I like the smell of my Rick Astley CD's better.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Hey! Welcome back Wronghanded! I see you still like to smell ass
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Put your pants back on and wash your hands, before you touch that guitar. Or you'll be sorry. Bwaha.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                      X