Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going rate for Jackson RR LTD model from 1992?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going rate for Jackson RR LTD model from 1992?

Hey guys, wondering what the going rate is for the Rhoads LTD model from 1992. This was the white pinstripe version that was a limited edition of 200, pretty sure it was called the LTD. I had one of the floyd equipped models and would like another. Is there a big price difference between the floyd and fixed models? If anyone wants to give me a rundown on past and current pricing it would be much appreciated.

Thx, Ethan

$2500-$4000?

Not really sure, I've seen LTDs sell for as little as $2.2k for relatively used... probably upwards of $4k or more for a minty one. Depends if one is up for sale and how many people want it at the time. What they sell for seems to vary quite a bit.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

There were a few vintage trem equipped LTDs made in 1992. Those bring more money than the Schaller Floyded ones. Over the years I've heard the number 30 thrown around for the number of V trems made, the rest were Floyds. I think its unrealistic to expect to find one in the $2K range. Probably more like $3500.00 for a Floyd version, higher for V Trem. The string thru models were not part of the original LTD series in 1992. Those came many years later as a small batch run.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Last year during the summer time... maybe it was the year before, there were several LTDs that were on CL for $2200-$2500. That was the last time someone asked for valuations... One member wanted me to look at one but it was too far away... So I'm just going from what has been out there that I know of. Does that mean you can just find one for that? Probably not, but if you keep your eyes open, deals are out there.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

$400.

Where's Ron???

Comment

There was one on GC online about a week ago for 1999
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I want to be ready to jump if one pops up. The thing I liked about the one I had is that the neck felt a lot like an Lp Custom and it had the binding nibs on the fret ends. $1999 at GC? That sounds like a deal, bet it didn't last long.

Ethan

Comment

i dont know never called v's taint my thing but i didnt see it tonight was gonna link it for ya
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

That guitar was a black 30th anniversary RR5FR as pictured below, not a LTD. I called on it while available but didn't know enough about the model. Apparently it was underpriced.

Last year I paid $4k for a LTD thinking it was a better deal than it was. Had been played but with zero damage and a wonderful slight ivory tinting to the finish. Perfectly broken in and is just awesome.

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                  There was one on GC online about a week ago for 1999
                  Last edited by Tonelover; 03-29-2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Last summer on eBay I sold mine for $4444. Just listed it and wanted to see if anyone would go for it. A dude in Bermuda bought it. I didn't think it would get that high, but it did...
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                    X