Why will no one give this a home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why will no one give this a home?

I have a question fellas, this JJ has been on e-bay for donkeys, seems to me incredibly cheap for a U.S. Jackson.

I like it ,it's been on my watch list forever .. but as one of the worlds biggest tyre kickers that's where it will stay.

is there something fishy about it that i'm missing, or is it just a guitar with a very "selective" appeal?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/American-U...item19e5bdc8bd

yep selective appeal, and the fact its an early pointy not the 3 on3 which is the more common JJ.

Comment

Its been there a long time.Logo is pearl too.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Pretty limited interest in JJ's, other then the JCF. I am not crazy about them, and I would guess others are not either. Also, look what he has for sale on Ebay, he tends to have very high asking prices. I know that one was about $200 higher previously. He offered it to me as a trade sometime ago through a CL post, like I said, not my cup of tea. He did have a Soloist XL, but was asking $1000. Again great guitar, just asking more then the market would bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
          I have a question fellas, this JJ has been on e-bay for donkeys, seems to me incredibly cheap for a U.S. Jackson.
          I think "Donkey" is the key word here. Ee-aww!

donkey-300x225.jpg

Comment

I always see it but just does nothing for me. Not a huge fan of JJs personally.
            Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

JJ's are great players I guess kind of a love hate thing.
              They aren't your normal Jacksons but this one I would say the neck profile is closer to a normal Jackson profile.
              Most of the ones I've had had a beefy neck.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I would buy it if I was right handed. It's a USA made guitar for a dirt cheap price. Like I've said a thousand times before looks come third for me on all guitars. Playability and tone come first and second always. It looks legit to me but I am no expert on JJ's. One thing I'll tell you though is if it's good enough for Scott Ian it's good enough for me.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Needs a Floyd.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like the JJ with the 3+3 headstock - NOT the 6 inline pointy. that kills this one for me.
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

My opinion, it's an ugly guitar. Like those Washburns he was playing but different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Thanks guys some interesting points, just goes to show one mans treasure..

I prefer the pointy look on this one rather than the 3 a side (and I hate the logo on the 3 a side as well) , to me it looks a solid , fun guitar for no money..if I wasn't tighter than two coats of paint I would happily give it a home!

Comment

1. It's ugly. That's subjective of course
                          2. Even the nicer looking JJs don't go for that much. I bought a USA JJ-2 Scott Ian sig (dice, flames, correct headstock) for $350. It was hard enough to get rid of.

Other than Jackson guitar freaks, I doubt anyone would buy this thing for that kind of money. Sucks, its a USA model and probably feels great, but people would rather spend 6-700 bucks on a dumb ass Les Paul Studio.

Comment

Looks too much like a late 50s / early 60s double cutaway LP special. Never like these double cutaways, they always seem to have neck to body joint issues. SGs fixed this by adding a little more meat.

Comment

its just fugly...but I bet plays cool. Someone should scoop it up just for the fact that its a USA Jackson!!
                              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Working...
                              X