X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes me want to clean it (lol):

Comment

Originally posted by claxor View Post
      To me, both ivoroid and the white look like plastic. The ivoroid looks more old. Like this:

Fuck it... get black
      I like black and white guitars

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
        I'm just the opposite, I think plain white looks cheap. However, in the right context it's alright.
        Agreed 100%. I think of a cheaply made instrument like the lower line Ibanez with the white binding. The Ivoroid looks way more classy to me but to each their own. For the record the white Jackson binding is very white and nothing like the Ivoroid in my opinion.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I usually think ivoroid looks better, but I guess it depends on the guitar.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've learned to appreciate ivoroid over time. Didn't always like it.

However, I still don't like it on Snow White guitars. I think that's where it clashes the most.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I usually think ivoroid looks better, but I guess it depends on the guitar.
              That's a valid point bro because the white does look better in contrast on some colors. I don't think the Ivoroid looks that good on sparkle finishes but that's just my opinion.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                I've learned to appreciate ivoroid over time. Didn't always like it.

However, I still don't like it on Snow White guitars. I think that's where it clashes the most.
                +1 That's one color that I don't like it on either. I would prefer a black binding on a white guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                  +1 That's one color that I don't like it on either. I would prefer a black binding on a white guitar.
                  ...and that is because of the contrast, like I said before. What do you guys think of a black soloist with white binding? It's black and.white... Should be pretty cool.

Comment

White binding on a black guitar with an ebony board is bound (see what I did there?) to look great since B&W contrast so well, but, I totally get the 'white looks cheap' argument. I really do like the 'bone' colour of the ivoroid on my black SL2HT, though.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I absolutely hate the look of white binding. Granted, I've only seen it on cheaper guitars, but it looks cheap!
                      Ivoroid is what sets me off. Yeah baby!

Comment

I am not the original owner, so I do not know what substance or color it is.
                        The binding on my '89 is changing color. You can look and even see the uneven differences.

Comment

My WarAngel (Snow White non-Pearl) was spec'd with I've-a-roid binding instead of white. Looking at where the board and body meet, you can see the difference clearly. I think it looks just fine, rather than having "all white everything" and then "stark black ebony blackness". I don't have to have the drastic, immediate separation of colors. There's loud, medium, and soft in Metal, not just full-on and full-off.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Black guitar with yellowed binding just looks classy IMO
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Indeed. Unless it's that Pat Metheny abomination I saw at NAMM in 2008 - 1/2" wide binding all around the top and back of a 6" deep hollowbody. I still wake up screaming in terror sometimes.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I too thought that binding was white for a long time. Now I know it's not, I prefer it to white. My Warrior has white & while it is nice, it looks cheap against the ivoroid binding.

The only time white binding would work for me is if it was a Warrior, Rhoads or Kelly with white bevels, then it would all match.

Comment

Working...
                                X