Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another CS Select question

Hey guys.

So on page 2 of the Custom Shop Select sheet, there's "finish options". If I was to pick a polyester finish on simple black paint, why would I have to pay $50 extra for a matching neck-finish? It says at 'neck finish': Match body paint (standard) and it costs $50.

Can anyone explain this to me? There's no extra costs when I want a matching 'headcap' (headstock?) finish.
    www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
    www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
    www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

I just clarified that - it doesn't apply to neck thru, it's just if you want a DK1 with a painted neck. The form has more than its share of inconsistencies and poorly considered phrasing, for example:

The standard pickups for each base model are not an upcharge, even though the sheet implies you have to pay for everything.
    They will do a single volume on guitars with more than one pickup, even though the form says single hum only.
    Last edited by neilli; 02-09-2014, 01:57 PM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks! Pretty confusing though.

So If I want a 1-hum soloist, I won't have to pay for the JB in it because it's stock.
      www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
      www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
      www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Yup, at least that's my understanding..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's correct. The pickups in the base spec are no extra charge.
          Chief Guitar Geek at George's Music Center
          www.georgesmusiccenter.com/theguitarstash
          [email protected]

Comment

But there is no base spec for a 1-hum Soloist, because there is no 1-hum Soloist. Granted the SL1 and SL2H both come with a JB.

Come to think of it, doesn't every USA Jackson come with a JB in the bridge? Except the Collen, of course.

If that's the case, as long as it was neckthrough and had a Jackson logo, then the base spec bridge pickup would be a JB.

Carry on, then.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Base specs for either soloist is JB. A 1-hum soloist would actually be ordered as one or the other as it's starting point. Warrior comes with an Invader, DK1 comes with an EMG81. However, I know that if I order a guitar using one of the handful of pickups they keep in stock in quantity, I can get it at no charge. i.e. JB, Jazz, 59, Invader, Full Shred. EMGs will be an up charge on anything but the Dinky.
              Chief Guitar Geek at George's Music Center
              www.georgesmusiccenter.com/theguitarstash
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X