This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    BTW, you'll never get more than a couple of people to agree on anything..
    +1.

Also, the other problem is that unless they are significantly cheaper than an individual CS order, many folks (me included) would rather have something unique with no compromises than have part of a run.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I hear you guys. I'm not trying to pull a run together from the forum, just looking for feedback and a dialogue, since this is a place where Jackson fans hang out. When I do the run for the store it will be significantly cheaper than a MB, closer to a USA Select, and have some features you wouldn't otherwise get without a MB order (notably swamp ash body). And there will only be one of each color, so they are all unique to some degree.
      Chief Guitar Geek at George's Music Center
      www.georgesmusiccenter.com/theguitarstash
      [email protected]

Comment

Normal pointy with natural finish (either plain maple or color matched to body), black logo, black sharks on maple, non-recessed Floyd (though, I don't really mind recessed all that much), on swamp ash in amber/vintage yellow would fucking rule!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Normal pointy with natural finish (either plain maple or color matched to body), black logo, black sharks on maple, non-recessed Floyd (though, I don't really mind recessed all that much), on swamp ash in amber/vintage yellow would fucking rule!
          Binding?
          [email protected]

Comment

I personally don't care if it's got binding or not, but black binding would be cool with the black sharks.

Comment

IMO an unbound dotted board on a figured trans-finished body always looks like all the money went into making the body look great, but the neck was just thrown on there as an afterthought. It just looks like a bad Warmoth mutt to me. I never liked seeing those San Dimas-era Student models that had snazzy graphics but rosewood and dots, like the Tiger Stripe Rhoads Student that pops up every now and then.

The whole thing has to fit together visually. Every piece should look like it belongs there. A Dinky/Soloist is not a Fender Strat, and should not have dots IMO. Everyone who sees it should be able to tell it's a Jackson before they get close enough to see the logo.

As for DK vs SL, a Dinky should be cheaper than the SL version. Many people here clamor for Soloists because Jackson is known for neckthrough, but very few will actually pony up the cash for it (it seems we've got more "poor College students" here than at all the Colleges around the world combined), because they want it for a bolt-on price. It's all skinflint bastardry, so go with the one that's easier to actually sell.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I hear ya, Newc.

Check this out. Could be a Jackson, but with the unbound neck & offset dots, I'm not sure that it's not a Fender

Hail yesterday

Comment

Natural finish normal pointy headstock, black logo. No inlays.

I probably won't be able to afford one but it sounds amazing, and I love the H/S pickup layout!

Comment

I never had a floyded, Ash body, but is ash soft enough that the floyd posts will pull/lean forward over time?

Comment

My Korina with similar specs.

Comment

No, ash is a hardwood. Swamp Ash is less dense than hard ash but still very stable. I've been playing a swamp ash Floyded Suhr since '04 with no tuning issues whatsoever and it sounds amazing.

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                        I never had a floyded, Ash body, but is ash soft enough that the floyd posts will pull/lean forward over time?
                        [email protected]

Comment

+1. I've got several swamp ash bodied Charvel and Jackson guitars, and stability is not an issue at all.

That may be an issue for basswood, but not ash.

Comment

Swamp ash sounds great. My Carvin SC90 is swamp ash body (maple neck-thru), but it's got a TOM/stoptail.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              I hear ya, Newc.

Check this out. Could be a Jackson, but with the unbound neck & offset dots, I'm not sure that it's not a Fender

See, that's what I'm talking about; that POS could be a Chinese ESPee with an Ebay decal, judging by the fact it's being played by Karl Pilkington
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                See, that's what I'm talking about; that POS could be a Chinese ESPee with an Ebay decal, judging by the fact it's being played by Karl Pilkington
                                bastard!

btw, that's another example of an ash Jackson. No tuning issues, particularly now that it has a sexy Gotoh trem.
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X