No announcement yet.

Need help with a 89 strat 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be, but this is surely not a Japan neck. The Jackson limited edition 88 guitars are Usa made.
    My opinion is, this is a 89 custom shop Jackson. The Jt-590, the nut, the neck plate and the whole neck can meet the 88/89 time period. I just don't know is it worth 1200 $, if it is really original.

Comment

You need to verify the information in the neck pocket of the body and on the heel of the neck.All that info is very important.
      Also look in the trem cavity route for info there too.
      The info could mean the difference between a $1200 guitar and a $300 dollar mutt.
      I can see the shadow out line of the made in Japan sticker on the neck.
      Before I would even consider this guitar I would have to remove the neck and check for dates and work order numbers to form my purchase price.The neck and body work order numbers should match.
      There were a few Made in Japan necks that had the 12th fret block so don't go by that. Dates and work order numbers mean more than that.
      If the seller will not pull the neck off for you to see the neck heel and body neck pocket to prove its authenticity then say with no proof I can't pay the price you are asking.
      Keep in mind the case has broken latches too again lowering the value of the deal for you.
      Last edited by straycat; 01-07-2014, 02:35 PM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If the seller takes pics of these areas post them here for further inspection we might save you lots of money.
        I did notice the odd string saddle locations on the trem and this could mean a 24 fret neck on a 22 fret body so the intonation will be way off.
        The big E string saddle is way too far forward in relation to the rest which look off to me IMO.
        My impression is the body is a USA body with a non original neck on it.
        Last edited by straycat; 01-07-2014, 02:43 PM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Before I would even consider this guitar I would have to remove the neck and check for dates and work order numbers to form my purchase price.The neck and body work order numbers should match.
          Can this be faked?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Can this be faked?

Anything can be faked.

That's why Jackson releasing its log book is important.
            That's why databases of every single unit made by mega fans like us, like they have for kramer or the overseas usa Jacksons, is needed.
            Last edited by pianoguyy; 01-07-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

"Can this be faked?|

A fake Rolex can even be faked in this day and age!

Comment

sure can, a few years back there was a bunch of SD Charvels complete with work order #s and fairly correct looking markings, they were ALL FAKES.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Can this be faked?

Comment

Than you everybody! I considered your opinions and asked more pictures from the seller. I am waiting for them..

Comment

Working...
                  X