Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrading from DK2T to SL2H - sound difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading from DK2T to SL2H - sound difference?

I really like my DK2T, but it needs a floyd. Just how different am I to expect them to sound, with the same JB/Jazz pups installed?
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 12-28-2013, 10:36 AM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

That's most likely going to depend on what woods are involved.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      I really like my DK2T, but it needs a floyd. Just how different am I to expect them to sound, with the same JB/Jazz pups installed?
      It won't sound that much different. You may lose a little sustain but that'll probably be the only real difference.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
        It won't sound that much different. You may lose a little sustain but that'll probably be the only real difference.
        How would YOU know? You're LEFT handed!I couldn't resist
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          How would YOU know? You're LEFT handed!I couldn't resist
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Do you have a warrior with a JB/Jazz? That's pretty much what the SL2H is going to sound like.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

the bolt on will have a snappier attack and slightly brighter sound, that the only tone different i notice between my DKs and SLs.

Comment

Boring answer ahead:

Every guitar has to be judged one-by-one. There are generalizations. But no absolutes. I've played lots of guitars that totally fall outside of the generalizations given to their wood, construction, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                  Boring answer ahead:

Every guitar has to be judged one-by-one. There are generalizations. But no absolutes. I've played lots of guitars that totally fall outside of the generalizations given to their wood, construction, etc.
                  +1

Comment

While that's true you'd be surprised how similar my Jackson's sound even with different pickups in each one. They are all basic alder/poplar body, maple necks. Same w my St3 they all sound very similar and all have different pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      Do you have a warrior with a JB/Jazz? That's pretty much what the SL2H is going to sound like.
                      No. Its a plan in the making
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                        While that's true you'd be surprised how similar my Jackson's sound even with different pickups in each one. They are all basic alder/poplar body, maple necks. Same w my St3 they all sound very similar and all have different pickups.
                        I guess everybody's ears are different, but even with that said, it's not really normal for different guitars with different pickups to sound "very similar". By "very similar" do mean they all sound like electric guitars? That I'd agree with.

I personally find it interesting how two of the exact same model guitar with the same woods/pickups/specs can sound quite different....that's what makes guitars such a cool thing. They are all different...even when they're the same.

Comment

Yes they all spund different but for the most part they are all on the same ball park. Theyre all strat, dinky or soloists and some have the jackson pups some have been swapped. One of the. Is noticable thicker sounding but they are not so different that i have to go nuts w amp settings unlike other guitars i have. The Jackson's all have a brighter, more mid range tone compared to the STs it's almost thin. My amp settings w all the Jackson's except my 3tite are the same except for minor tweaks to the mids. The STs with the same amp settings sound like mud, but once i change the settings it's works will all of them the same way. There are different nuances in all of them, but generally they sound very similar. I have a bunch of old BCRs and with those every one sounds very different.

Comment

Wow. None of my axes sound similar, even with the same pickups. I only use my DSL100 and can get a huge change in tones just by swapping out guitars.

Comment

Working...
                            X