Time to unveil the new airbrush job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to unveil the new airbrush job.

So, as I've mentioned on here a while back, I've had my CS Kelly repainted by a local airbrush artist called John Callaghan - I found him through a Google search and was impressed by the work on his website: http://www.spray-artist.co.uk/

As some of you might remember, the original face on the guitar is my late girlfriend Nina, who was killed in a car accident in 2010. The guitar was ordered later that year and 21 months later I got my hands on it:

By the time I'd got it my life had moved on to the point where I was engaged - again as some of you may remember. The paintjob didn't feel appropriate so after a lot of thinking and discussion with a very good mate, I settled on a picture of a snow leopard. Not just any snow leopard though: Nina the snow leopard, from the Cat Survival Trust. She's named after my Nina, so it's still a tribute, but it's not as in-your-face and feels more appropriate. The picture is based on this photo, taken by a friend of Nina and I, and I'm really happy with the results. Anyway, enough waffle, here it is:

Wow!!! that is rather nice and truly breathtaking, I may have to look into getting my King V done if he can do what I want to have done.
    Last edited by walshula; 12-22-2013, 10:36 AM.
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

A fitting tribute and still considerate of your current partner. The only part I don't like it the green "fog" above and to the left of the tiger's head.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Looks very nice!

Comment

Nice work! Looks great!
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

As much as I believe this guitar cried out for a Cock Dragon graphic, that's a great job there, and I know Nina would approve. So is it going to be the chrome EMGs or black, just to finish it off?

About time you gigged it and posted some pics in the "Members' Jacksons in Action" thread...
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Looking good!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                A fitting tribute and still considerate of your current partner. The only part I don't like it the green "fog" above and to the left of the tiger's head.
                I actually like that - he sent me mockups with and without the green and it just makes the picture sink into the guitar a little... it's intended as the green of the foliage, although I see what you mean about fog (and it's a snow leopard, not a tiger )

And Rsmacker - chrome EMGs; the red ones will go in my black King V... I think that'll look pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                X