NGD!! A parrot in the house...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!! A parrot in the house...

So here it is...a green-as-hell Absinthe Frost SL2HT...
    Bought it locally which is some sort of a miracle since is the first USA model I've seen around here. I got rid of a pretty comfortable and likable LTD MH-100Q I had bought when I started giving guitar lessons (like the kids thought they would be using one of the USA's....), which turned out to be a really good guitar, but the 42mm nut was kind of annoying. In the end I was giving the LTD a lot of playing time, and switching back to the 43mm USA's was becoming a PITA...

Long story short, this SL2HT came up for sale, and once the asking price was correct I took the bite. It is a `07 model, with hardcase, buildtag and stuff...

The guitar sound amazing, there is a mix of booming lows and screaming highs that really caught my attention. The switch from FR to hardtail was pretty straight forward, being this my first non-FR guitar. The angled neck isn't really an issue either, it feels natural and comfortable. The neck feels almost like the one on the RR1, I haven't done a back and forth test but it isn't a slim profile, but I dig it.

Finally...it is green...too green for its own good IMO...Personally I would have never chosen this color, but in the end it's starting to grow on me...I kinda adds a spark of fun to the experience, a change from black, white and blue guitars...

Enough words...now the pics...

Nice!!! I may be adding a King V in that same finish. I can't wait to see that color in person
    Last edited by walshula; 10-22-2013, 06:02 AM.
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

nice guitar! nothing really beats a USA jackson.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nothing wrong with green, it looks good! Enjoy it!
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Love that finish.

Comment

Incredible finish!! Congrats!!
            Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
            Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
            http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
            http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

There's no such thing as ' too green'. Congrats, she's beautiful.

Comment

Awesome bro! Absolutely awesome! The RR1 and Soloists have the same neck profile (.790-.850) so it should be an easy transition. My next Jackson will have a string through T.O.M. as well. By the way that paint is so sweet! I'll bet it looks even better in person! HNGD Bro!!!
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Still haven't seen that color in person. I bet it will keep growing on you

Comment

Absinthe Frost is one of those colors you kind of need to see in person to understand it's coolness. The way the pearl moves in it when the lighting angle changes just can't be captured by a still image. Acapulco Gold is similar. Sweet guitar. I'm jealous. I would love a string through soloist.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Great looking soloist! Congrats.

Comment

Thanks guys for your comments. Regarding the color, it really is as Hellbat said, the cool factor is lost completly in the pictures, seeing the guitar in person has nothing to do with the plain color that pics show. I used HDR mode in the camera thinking it might help bringing the depth out of it. I like the color, and it does grow on me as I look at it next the other guitars, and believe me it does add a sence of fun after playing black and blue guitars for almost 20 years.

But the most important thing is that I needed this guitar to be local, because if I were to buy a guitar in the States I would probably never buy a Soloist, because of the effort, time and money involved (I bought a brand new KE2 almost 2 years ago and it hasn't seen my house yet...hopefully next Dec will be here). My next guitar will definitely be a WR1, either a custom shop or select, which will probably happen in 2-3 years, so the parrot fills the spot for the hardtail Soloist I've been longing for so long without blocking the WR way.

Comment

Nice grab. I like all the "greens".

Comment

Working...
                          X