No announcement yet.

CS Jackson Strat Head Orders? Hell Yes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the knowledge Chad! Does that include Jackson?
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
      Thanks for the knowledge Chad! Does that include Jackson?
      Yeah, I just won't risk it. The wait time and price (even though apparently better than ESP) just makes me lean that way even more.

Most Custom Shop builds end up being excellent guitars, but you just never know. I remember that NAMM Jackson Custom Shop guitar a forumite bought that had major issues. It was ready for the wood chipper. That guitar was all show and no go (kinda like a show vehicle that looks great, but is trailered around and barely runs). Typically manufacturers want the cream of the crop at a trade show. I have no idea how that guitar slipped through.

Comment

Wow! You learn something new everyday! I can't believe either of their custom shops would let a dog out into circulation.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          Wow! You learn something new everyday! I can't believe either of their custom shops would let a dog out into circulation.
          Maybe somebody can find the thread (if it still exists). Seems like the neck angle was off or the trem was recessed too deep. I can't remember exactly. It pretty much couldn't be setup to play properly.

BTW, sorry for the thread hijack.

It IS really cool that Jackson is allowing Stratheads now!

Comment

In 2 years you'll be able to wow us with it.
            Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 10-08-2013, 11:33 PM.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
              Seems like the neck angle was off or the trem was recessed too deep. I can't remember exactly. It pretty much couldn't be setup to play properly.
              I think you're referring to Jason's (AK47) Charvel - white with green HRF...
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                Maybe somebody can find the thread (if it still exists). Seems like the neck angle was off or the trem was recessed too deep. I can't remember exactly. It pretty much couldn't be setup to play properly.

BTW, sorry for the thread hijack.

It IS really cool that Jackson is allowing Stratheads now!
                I found the thread. Unfortunately the pic links no longer work.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/104...ots-of-pics%29
                Last edited by Chad; 10-08-2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                  Well, I think the cat is already out of the bag on this and why shouldn't we all enjoy?

After seeing some indication that Jackson was allowing Strat heads again, I emailed Matt and asked him if it was true. He said that a few orders had been accepted and he was happy to try for another. Sure enough, it got accepted!

This is a 180 degree turn around from last year. I tried to get an Adrian Smith with a few changes (including removing the signature) and it was a no go. This time, I went for something more Phil Collen-ish, but without the fat neck and sustainer. Here are the general specs:

- Dinky body (mahogany)
                  - 24 fret maple neck with Dinky profile
                  - Birdseye fretboard, no inlays
                  - Scalloped crescent heel
                  - Strat head with 100% logo
                  - 2 Humbuckers direct mount (D-Activators)
                  - Recessed Floyd, Black hardware
                  - Chlorine quilted top, natural back, oiled neck

All of the things I like about the PC-1 with none of the things I don't. Let the 2 year timer begin!
                  Thats awesome that you're getting the guitar you want but why would this get denied? It's essentially a CS PC-1. Jackson can produce all the PC-1's they want with a strat head...
                  ---RCM78
                  >>>I'm Fucking Rich!!!<<<

Comment

Originally posted by RCM78 View Post
                    Thats awesome that you're getting the guitar you want but why would this get denied? It's essentially a CS PC-1. Jackson can produce all the PC-1's they want with a strat head...
                    Well, there have been 2 policies that were getting in the way. First, there was a ban on getting a Jackson logo on a Strat headstock unless it was one of the signature models. Second, you were not allowed to make any changes to a signature model nor could you spec a custom that was considered "artist similar".

So, you want a PC-1 with a reverse headstock? Denied. You want an Adrian Smith in a different color? Denied.

I'm sure they hoped that you would just give in and buy one of the signature models, but I have this weird thing about someone else's name on the headstock of my guitar. The closest thing I have to a sig model is a RR1 and that doesn't say Randy on it!

Comment

@ Metaldaze; I don't blame you one bit bro! I am the same way about having someone else's name on the headstock of my guitar.

Comment

But....you folks DO have someone elses name on your guitar....Grover Jacksons!!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                          I make an exception for that one

Comment

Grover Jackson on a Leo Fender trademark. Also Dimarzio, Seymour Duncan, Floyd Rose etc.

Point Taken tho.

Comment

Yeah but it's not like it's his signature model designed specifically for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X