No announcement yet.

Jackson white '86 strathead 4234

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, the matching headstock in Strat shape is really cool! I also like the thick rosewood slab fretboard! Classic Charvel/Jackson.
    '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
    '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
    '98 PRS Custom 22
    '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Thanks all!

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Awesome rescue/cleanup on that one. Have you considered filling the missing bit the on the side of the fingerboard with some rosewood dust and CA glue?
      I was kind of puzzled by this question at first. But, I see in the pic it kind of looks like a gash there. But, it's just a dark spot that photographed kind of funny. There's no damage, I swear!

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
      looks great, is this the only kahler strat in you collection
      My silverburst strat has a Kahler 7300 that is set up for fixed bridge mode. It originally had a 2300 variant that was replaced somewhere along the line. My King V has a 7330, and I used to own a Model 4 with a 2300. I prefer an OFR, but there's no Kahler hate here!

Originally posted by Bobby8 View Post
      Hey Axe, what kind of nut is that? Is it graphite or...? Beautiful strat man.
      Good eye. There are a few odd things about it. I've not seen one like it, and it may not be original. The material is an odd rosewood color that is darker on the top. The string spacing isn't quite right. I may have my tech put a new one on there.

Comment

Very,,,,very nice.

Comment

Another odd thing - not sure I've seen a Strat style pickguard with a humbucker that mounts from the top!?
          '98 PRS Custom 22
          '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

That is just fuckin awesome! Does it do Maiden?
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by AndyK View Post
              Another odd thing - not sure I've seen a Strat style pickguard with a humbucker that mounts from the top!?
              Do you mean the pickup ring on the pickguard? It is sort of odd, but was more common in the 80's. I'm fairly certain that left the factory that way, because the hum route looked to be cut by hand and would not look good without the trim. That was another detail that had me thinking Adrian Smith.

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
              That is just fuckin awesome! Does it do Maiden?
              I can nail that opening lick to Wasted Years. Then, I sort of forget how it goes.

Comment

LOL isn't that the riff you can almost fake?......funny thing is I know the whole opening but never learned the rest......ADD at it's finest
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Here are a few progress pics. Here's the body:

Neck heel:

I ran a new ground to the bridge:

The Kahler is in pretty good shape!

Note the TM on the headstock (sort of covered by the tuner):

Here's the new electronics ready to go in. Note the battery route on the body. I debated putting the boost back in, but I doubt it works and the SD sounds way too good in regular passive mode in here (I did a dry run with it hard wired to the output jack).

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    I was kind of puzzled by this question at first. But, I see in the pic it kind of looks like a gash there. But, it's just a dark spot that photographed kind of funny. There's no damage, I swear!
                    Cool, yeah in that shot it looks like there's a bit missing from the board and the maple in the neck as well. Even if it was missing and not an optical illusion, in that spot I don't think you'd ever feel it playing.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

its hard to tell but that maybe the older type phenolic nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Do you mean the pickup ring on the pickguard? It is sort of odd, but was more common in the 80's. I'm fairly certain that left the factory that way, because the hum route looked to be cut by hand and would not look good without the trim. That was another detail that had me thinking Adrian Smith.
                        Yeah, I guess I'm more used to modern "So Cal" Charvels and Fenders that have the humbucker mounted like the single coils - no ring. It really is a great guitar - you don't see many like it around.
                        '98 PRS Custom 22
                        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Man that is beautiful! I can't stop looking at the pics! Seriously nice job, and great score. Who would of though how much I love strats again! ahhh shit!
                          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

is it normal that i got wood from looking at it?
                            Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

This guitar was stolen from me in 1992. Attached is the original sales receipt and police report from when it was stolen. The 1k I was willing to give this guy for my guitar ( and the law requires me to give him nothing ) is now being spent on the fees that you incur when the “officials” have to get involved to help retrieve what is yours.
                              I’ve been hunting for my guitar for 27 years , and since you don’t care that you harbor someone else’s guitar and you’re in another state , it’s not easy to resolve this. But , I am a determined motherfucker , my friend.
                              Heres what you know about me : I’m fighting cancer , and that I never gave up looking for my guitar. Please read : I never fucking give up.

Comment

​ ​ This guitar was stolen from me in 1992. Attached is the original sales receipt and police report from when it was stolen. The 1k I was willing to give this guy for my guitar ( and the law requires me to give him nothing ) is now being spent on the fees that you incur when the “officials” have to get involved to help retrieve what is yours.
                                I’ve been hunting for my guitar for 27 years , and since you don’t care that you harbor someone else’s guitar and you’re in another state , it’s not easy to resolve this. But , I am a determined motherfucker , my friend.
                                Heres what you know about me : I’m fighting cancer , and that I never gave up looking for my guitar. Please read : I never fucking give up.
                                ​

Comment

Working...
                                X