Jackson white '86 strathead 4234

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson white '86 strathead 4234

I snagged this one off the classifieds about a month ago, and have been busy repairing it ever since. It has matching numbers and the original paperwork. It was ordered on 6/20/86 and has an invoice date of 9/22/86. It has an Ontario plate, but is right there at the transition point. It originally had J200's, an unknown humbucker, and a JE-1000 TG. When I got it, the electronics were in rough shape. It had one original J200 installed, an odd unmarked pup in the middle, a Dimarzio without a model number markings at the bridge, and the JE-1000 was disconnected (the reason is unclear). It was pretty much JACKED as far as working correctly and had really been messed with. I tested out a spare Super Distortion in it, which sounded killer. So, I followed through with the SD, two Choppers, and all new pots, switches, input jack, and wiring. The Kahler had a TON of stripped screws and pads, so I got those replaced or fixed. It has a nice hefty weight to it, and the neck is a bit on the chunky side. I've got everything oiled up and detailed quite nicely. There is a bit of natural relicing here, but nothing major. The white color is amazing in that it has a "red pearl" mixed in. You can see these small sparkly red points when looking at it in the right light.

That looks great. Nice job on cleaning her up. That matching headstock looks killer.

Comment

Strats aren't usually my thing but man that is HOT!

Comment

Very cool vibe to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
          Very cool vibe to it.
          Thanks, I agree. So I guess they were going for an Adrian Smith vibe with this one. I know he used to play Kahlers, but as far as I know his white strats never had Kahlers on them. If anyone has any insight into that, post away!

Comment

Very cool Larry. The white with black guard certainly gives an Adrian Smith vibe, but his main 80's Jacksons both had maple boards and he hasn't ever regularly used Kahlers that I recall (his early Lados had the 'Rockinger' trem then Floyd on the blue one, his Destroyer/LP were tunamatics and his Jacksons were Floyds).
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Very cool Larry. The white with black guard certainly gives an Adrian Smith vibe, but his main 80's Jacksons both had maple boards and he hasn't ever regularly used Kahlers that I recall (his early Lados had the 'Rockinger' trem then Floyd on the blue one, his Destroyer/LP were tunamatics and his Jacksons were Floyds).
              I believe he had a Kahlered Hamer Scarab, but I can't find a pic anywhere. :think:

Comment

That's killer. Love it, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  I believe he had a Kahlered Hamer Scarab, but I can't find a pic anywhere.
                  Good call! I just checked the Live After Death sleeve notes and a Kahler'd Hamer Scarab is listed. Can't say I've ever seen a pic of that though...
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Awesome rescue/cleanup on that one. Have you considered filling the missing bit the on the side of the fingerboard with some rosewood dust and CA glue?
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice job! This is beautiful!

Comment

looks great, is this the only kahler strat in you collection

Comment

That's a beaut and a great job.
                          love those old slab fingerboards

Comment

Hey Axe, what kind of nut is that? Is it graphite or...? Beautiful strat man.
                            Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

That is a sweet AXE! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X