DK1 Natural vs SL2H Natural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    I haven't paid close attention to the new Charvels (the MIC thing) but it sounds just like what you are looking for. A shop in Mufreesboro TN that I went to last night was fully stocked with them. They don't seem bad, but I just prefer the older USA and MIJ stuff.
    To be honest, I never followed Charvel very close, I don't have anything against them, they just weren't on my radar when I was growing up in the mid to late 90's, but I was pretty uninformed at the time too...so if it wasn't Jackson ESP or Gibson I was clueless

Comment

The CHTL Run would fit your needs pretty well I think :

But the price ...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        You can use some steel wool or scotch brite pads and lightly take down the gloss to a matte satin finish which will feel closer to the oiled feel of the DK1. It will turn back into a shiny gloss over time, but you can always buff it back down.
        +1million on Toe's suggestion. Was about to say the same thing. And it is reversible.

As far as the recent Jackson imports. They're not bad but not great out of the box. Some will need a good/proper set-up when purchased.
        Last edited by GuerillaPete; 05-10-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

The CHL would be perfect!!
          Now that I have had my eyes opened to a lot of things, I will be keeping an eye out for one!!
          As for sanding down the neck of a soloist, I think it is a great idea, but......I would like to see it done to someone elses guitar a few times first LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zedisdead View Post
            The CHTL Run would fit your needs pretty well I think :

But the price ...
            The Vwall SL2H-TPB JCF run is another you might consider

“But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Len that run was like 5 years ago.

Comment

Working...
              X